Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorado in Jordanelle
Well at quick glance of this picture it looks like a dorado with the Coronado Islands in the background.  Well this was a Kokanee that had a head on collision with the Dam. Great day at Jordanelle this morning with limits on the Kokes and smallies. First time limiting out on the kokes for me at Jordy. They were still biting on the surface and down to 15 feet. The quality of the kokes get better every year with a few over 18 inches. Pink was the best color.

The smallies are just starting with water temps still around 60. The ones we kept and Filleted were pretty skinny with empty stomachs, in comparison to the Deer Creek fish. It was an awesome day and fun to catch over 30 fish from both of those species.

Attached Files Image(s)

I am suprised the smallies are behind some of the surrounding waters, but that just means I have not missed that early bite

That is one odd looking koke
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Crazy looking Kokanee.
What technique were you using for the Bass?
(06-21-2020, 04:45 AM)fryman1 Wrote: Well at quick glance of this picture it looks like a dorado with the Coronado Islands in the background.  Well this was a Kokanee that had a head on collision with the Dam. Great day at Jordanelle this morning with limits on the Kokes and smallies. First time limiting out on the kokes for me at Jordy. They were still biting on the surface and down to 15 feet. The quality of the kokes get better every year with a few over 18 inches. Pink was the best color.

The smallies are just starting with water temps still around 60. The ones we kept and Filleted were pretty skinny with empty stomachs, in comparison to the Deer Creek fish. It was an awesome day and fun to catch over 30 fish from both of those species.
Looks like you had a great trip!  We fished Jordanelle on Friday morning and only caught one small brown while trolling for Kokes.  We were probably fishing too deep.  Sounds like it we need to try it again soon.
Probably good that you took that mutant out of the gene pool.
I was Tossing Yamamoto curly tail grubs for the smallies.
Any tips on where to target Kokes at Jordanelle? I fish from a kayak, so I have to choose my launch location carefully to avoid peddling across the lake.