Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay evening 6/23 sons first catfish
As I finished up my work day and commute (10 stairs), I saw it was just going to be me and the youngest at home for the evening. My wife suggested we grab some burgers and do some fishing, can’t argue with a plan like that. Asked my son what type of fish he wanted to target, and he wanted a catfish. I think he was intrigued by the outing my wife and I had with jig-fisher. 

A quick trip to Anglers Den for some sucker meat and weighted floats, then McD’s for the burgers and we were on the road. Walked out on the East dike from the North marina group sites. Got out past the trees and grass. Moved spots a few times until we finally started getting hits. The fish playing with my 5/0 circle hook ended up being a 10” LMB. Just as I landed that one, I hear excited sounds coming from my son. I headed over to net it while trying to video and navigate the boulders. I didn’t measure the cat, but it was a decent size and put up a nice fight, taking drag a couple of times. The Smile on the kids face was worth the walk and dealing with the bugs. 
 [Image: 842-F7-F84-6-B2-B-40-A0-A70-E-6-F737-AD5452-B.jpg][Image: D925485-B-D9-FD-43-F5-B218-E8-B0-A545876-C.jpg]
That is awesome. Doing such with them keeps them off the streets and teaches values.
Good time with the kids is great fun for both parties. If we all did more of this perhaps all the violence and junk would reduce.
Nice report and good job getting him on a good cat.
Perfect! Look at that Smile! Don't ever pass up the opportunity to take a kid fishing.