Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta Mts (Whitney) Report
Been far to long since we roamed the North slope. Whitney was calling us. Took a break from moving and remodeling to take Cookie to her favorite spot in the Uinta's (Whitney) for a picnic and some fishing 

Location - Whitney on the North slope of the Uinta's

Condition - mid day (not optimal), brezzey and warm

It had been hit hard over the Father's day weekend. We passed lots of RVs headed out and many staying. Still we found a spot up near the inlet side to have a nice picnic and toss in a line for a minute. We always have a contest when we go to Whitney. This time Cookie used her  garlic green powerbait and I threw steel in gold and silver colors (on this trip Jakes , Superdupers and meps) .

For mid-day the fishing was still pretty good. Normally we get more tigers out of Whitney, but rainbows and some with nice size, dominated the catch this time (no cuts)

June is such a great time to fish Utah (any time is a great time, but June can be special). Hard to decide where and what to chase, but you just have to toss in some good runs to the mountains to catch a break from the heat, and hit those lakes and streams. I know we will be back soon. Whiskey Island graying are calling as are those amazing colored brookies - see ya there

Video attached - I enjoy filming up in mountains - such a great setting for film

https://youtu.be/HuVpn69rip8
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I really enjoy your videos.  I love the back and forth banter and playful ribbing.  You even throw in a few fish to boot.  Great job and nice post!
Thanks for sharing, it's been a long time since I was last at Whitney, 2004 to be exact deer hunting. As mostly a boat fisher person a good day bank snagging brings back the fond memories.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(06-27-2020, 03:57 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I really enjoy your videos.  I love the back and forth banter and playful ribbing.  You even throw in a few fish to boot.  Great job and nice post!

Sometimes that look she gives me when I am teasing and it causes her to miss that bite, is more than just "banter" Wink
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-27-2020, 03:57 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I really enjoy your videos.  I love the back and forth banter and playful ribbing.  You even throw in a few fish to boot.  Great job and nice post!

Sometimes that look she gives me when I am teasing and it causes her to miss that bite, is more than just "banter" Wink
(06-27-2020, 01:18 PM)Bduck Wrote: Thanks for sharing, it's been a long time since I was last at Whitney, 2004 to be exact deer hunting. As mostly a boat fisher person a good day bank snagging brings back the fond memories.

Whitney is a great place with lots of family memories for us too. It has gotten so popular with the off road ATV groups that it's a little insane crowded during the summer now. I love early summer as the wild flowers bloom and then again in the fall as the crowds ease and the colors change