Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got the fever......
Brookie fever! Caught this 19.5” thug and several others Saturday. All on marabou jigsurl=https://ibb.co/3T7qpmz][Image: 116-BE11-F-5-E20-4138-8463-CFAEF87-D53-EB.jpg][/url]

[Image: FFC24-DE2-15-E4-4-B6-D-B23-D-A9-D67712-E129.jpg]
Great fish dude, but may I suggest keeping the small ones and throwing the big ones back? (: Big brookies aren't too easy to come by
Nice fish!  Congrats! (I would have kept it too.)
Very nice, love the brookies.
I am so far behind on the brookie hunt this year. Glad you let me enjoy yours. I got my love of them from fishing with my Dad and it has stuck.

Do you have a preferred color when you start. I always pull out black first. Not sure why
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-29-2020, 12:28 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am so far behind on the brookie hunt this year. Glad you let me enjoy yours. I got my love of them from fishing with my Dad and it has stuck.

Do you have a preferred  color when you start. I always pull out black first. Not sure why
Black is definitely a staple of mine also. But I’m starting to think I got too locked into it. I have recently started using purple a lot. Olive, Copper Pat and brown are great colors also. But if I had to settle for one color and one jig, it would be a 1/16 oz. black marabou. From Tubedude , of course!
(06-29-2020, 02:28 AM)BG1 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 12:28 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am so far behind on the brookie hunt this year. Glad you let me enjoy yours. I got my love of them from fishing with my Dad and it has stuck.

Do you have a preferred  color when you start. I always pull out black first. Not sure why
Black is definitely a staple of mine also. But I’m starting to think I got too locked into it. I have recently started using purple a lot. Olive, Copper Pat and brown are great colors also. But if I had to settle for one color and one jig, it would be a 1/16 oz. black marabou. From Tubedude , of course!
Great piscatorial prose and lovely pictures.  Good taste in tackle too...including all the "basic food groups".