Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay trip # 7
Got out to WB south and on the water by 7:30 Saturday. Still no trouble getting in, at that time anyway. 

[Image: 043-27-June-2020-0738-a-m.jpg]

A bit warmer than day before, a medium chop on the water, and numerous pleasure boats (their pleasure, not mine) already out and churning the water.  10 or 12 walleye hunters already doing their ring-around-the- island... Rolleyes

[Image: 044.jpg]  [Image: 045.jpg]

2 hours of various loop and S turns, varied speeds, using new lure # 3, boated a small size walleye. CPR

[Image: 046-walleye-on-new-lure-3.jpg]

2 more hours, power boat chop getting worse, and closer. Decided to call it quits.  Headed back to marina where it took an hour to get off water and road ready to leave. Just as I was about ready to climb in m y truck, Army vet came up and asked if I had jumper cables. I do. So he got his boat backed up to front of my truck. Battery jump was of no help.
Being a old, long time aircraft electrician, and a vet myself, helped him diagnose his problem. Circuits from batteries to breakers good, but no juice in either battery. 2 DEAD batteries. Someone left the boat radio on from the week before when it was de-winterized. Sorry buddy, couldn't be of more help. 

[Image: 048-WB-South-traffic-jam.jpg]      [Image: 049-dead-battery.jpg]

Going out the pay shack gate, traffic backed up all the way to the baffles, around the corner and half way to entrance road. Whew,  sure glad I wasn't going in.   Confused 

Being retired now, I can make my trips to wherever, during the week. Maybe a little less traffic.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
When I first started to read this post, I thought it was from last Sat but when I read the part about the Army vet, I thought, this must be older than that, so I looked at the date and it was last month. The main page sure list more post on each page than the old site. How big was the eye that you released?
About 12 inches
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool