Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of Kokes with great Folks at The Berry
Day 1 Friday:
  I met deyoungfisher and his son at 5am at the marina and we headed out. Friday was the best day of fishing, we got into the Kokanee and cut throats early and often, we had 10 kokanee in the box before 9am and lost several more at the boat, then it took us until noon to put the last 2 in the box, losing several more. I then relaxed until after dinner and took some of elkantlers crew out between 7pm and 9:30 we hooked 13, landed 9 and released 1 6” kokanee. Orange was my best color and we caught most of our fish around 35ft.

Day 2 Saturday:
  I met mayandgunther and his son at 5am at the marina at 4:45am and we headed out, Saturday was the hardest day fishing, I have never seen so many boats as others reported, we managed to put 10 in the box by 9am and then only added one more before giving up and heading in at noon, fortunately we did not lose any at the boat. I took some more of elkantlers crew out after dinner and we put 3 more in the box, the fish had moved down and we caught most of them at 45ft on pink.

Day 3 Sunday:
  I met pizzaman_288 and his nephew at 5:00am and headed out, we steadily put 9 in the box while culling through lots of cutthroats, before the wind picked up at 10am, by then I was out of batteries for my bow mount and could not effectively fish in the wind, so we moved over behind haws point at 11am and picked up 3 more by 11:30 including the largest of the trip at 21”, I’m confident that if we were not limited out we could have continued to catch them there. We caught most of them at 45’ on pink. There were far fewer boats on Sunday I think most people saw the weather prediction and stayed away.

I caught them from 20’-50’ over the course of the weekend between 1- 2 mph with an average speed of 1.7mph. We used corn and pink Berkly maggots, which caught fish equally. Except for the last 3, I spent all of my time off of the mouth of Mud Creek and generally stayed out of the pack, which were to the East and South of us.

I would like to give a special thanks to elkantlers and his crew that showed me great hospitality, letting me pitch a tent in there camp, feeding me dinner and shuttling me out to my truck and trailer, that I parked outside. On Saturday they gave me a ride out and back to my truck when I had to run into Heber to replace a down rigger weight I lost. The cable came off the spool and got rapped around the spindle, which I got straightened out, but my cable must have gotten kinked, half way through the morning session I hit the switch to raise my gear a bit to try to trigger a strike and the cable broke.

I had a great time fishing with a lot of great people, I was able to put 13 people including myself on kokanee over the course of the weekend. We hooked 60 confirmed kokanee, landed 49 released 3 and kept 46, I did not keep track of Cutts but at times we couldn’t keep them off the lines to get to the Kokes especially early and late.

Attached Files Image(s)

it was definitely a fun time thanks a bunch my nephew still hasn't quite talking about the monstrous of a fish we caught will definitely have to do it again sometime
Very nice!
(06-29-2020, 05:45 PM)pizzaman_288 Wrote: it was definitely a fun time thanks a bunch my nephew still hasn't quite talking about the monstrous of a fish we caught will definitely have to do it again sometime
I had a great time fishing with you guys, I really enjoy taking anglers of all experience levels fishing, but it was really nice having someone else in the boat who did not need any instruction, after talking and fishing with you, I can tell that your passion for fishing and skill level is very high. I would love to fish with you again, maybe you could dial me in on the fish up at Bear Lake sometime.
(06-29-2020, 09:08 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:45 PM)pizzaman_288 Wrote: it was definitely a fun time thanks a bunch my nephew still hasn't quite talking about the monstrous of a fish we caught will definitely have to do it again sometime
I had a great time fishing with you guys, I really enjoy taking anglers of all experience levels fishing, but it was really nice having someone else in the boat who did not need any instruction, after talking and fishing with you, I can tell that your passion for fishing and skill level is very high. I would love to fish with you again, maybe you could dial me in on the fish up at Bear Lake sometime.
Sounds good cant wait to do it again
Thanks for taking so many people out fishing. you're welcome to share camp anytime.
That's great stuff, Its so good to see good people help others enjoy the sport. Great Report and excellent smiling faces in the pictures !! Fine Work !
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Thanks again! We had a blast! Great company! Great fishing! Amazing weather! Could't have asked for a better trip!