Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lures
Just finished painting and clearing my new rapala look alikes, hoping they work as good as the originals.[Image: KIMG0565.jpg]
(06-30-2020, 12:17 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Just finished painting and clearing my new rapala look alikes, hoping they work as good as the originals.[Image: KIMG0565.jpg]
Your lures look great, have you had a chance to give them a try yet?
Thanks, no, hoping to this coming week, and hopefully will have my new pole built and ready to go also.
Outstanding Lyle, great job.
Thanks Randy, still trying to figure out the airbrush, next ones should be a little better looking, plus looking at a different clear coat to see if it makes a difference.
I'm a fan of red gill slits!
Yea, lots of the newer rapalas are using them, hoping to give them a try this week, along with my new rod that I built.

Finally got it done, built my first rod and really looking forward to trying it out. Just have to do one more epoxy coat on the thread wraps tonight and it'll be ready to go.
[Image: KIMG0568.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0570.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0569.jpg]
(07-06-2020, 10:53 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Yea, lots of the newer rapalas are using them, hoping to give them a try this week, along with my new rod that I built.

Finally got it done, built my first rod and really looking forward to trying it out. Just have to do one more epoxy coat on the thread wraps tonight and it'll be ready to go.
[Image: KIMG0568.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0570.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0569.jpg]
Looks good, you are sure a multi talented guy. We have a rod building board on BFT but we lost all the pic, with the site switched over.
Thanks, Lol, not sure about multi-talented, but given the state of affairs, not wanting to be depending on being able to get what I want/need from sporting goods stores. Sportsman's Wharehouse in Twin and Pocatello look like they are going out of business and Cabela's is way expensive, been doing my own jigs for years now, just time to expand and build all I can, plus have found it to be cheaper and I enjoy doing it. Learned a lot of what not to do in building rods, so ordered some new things to help with rod building. Plus it's a great feeling catching fish on things that you have made.
(07-08-2020, 01:11 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Thanks, Lol, not sure about multi-talented, but given the state of affairs, not wanting to be depending on being able to get what I want/need from sporting goods stores. Sportsman's Wharehouse in Twin and Pocatello look like they are going out of business and Cabela's is way expensive, been doing my own jigs for years now, just time to expand and build all I can, plus have found it to be cheaper and I enjoy doing it. Learned a lot of what not to do in building rods, so ordered some new things to help with rod building. Plus it's a great feeling catching fish on things that you have made.
That's too bad that both those Sportsman are closing, could be a lot of folks are afraid to go out to stores now, with the virus being such an issue. I know TubeDude(TD) and others, on the Utah board build their own lures. We have found a few of the lures TD makes work really well, for certain types of fishing.
I don't think they're closing, just can't get what they need to have in stock, just not much of a selection in either store, but the one in Twin has way less than the one in Pocatello.
The fishing section of the one in Idaho falls is pretty bare as well... sounds like issues with the supply chains and not able to re-stock.

On another note... Awesome lures and great job on the rod. Do not think I have the patience to attempt something like that!
That's not good, was going to go look one day when I had a bit of time, I'm up there every couple weeks for work. I'm pretty set now, got some more lure blanks on the way and my gallon of plastic just showed up, hopefully my other gallon and my new mold isn't far behind. Lol, I didn't think I had the patience to build a rod either, but it's surprisingly easy, it turned out pretty good, but I rushed it and the lures trying to get a bunch of stuff done all at once, got some more lures painted and going to try a different clear coat on them. The rod worked great caught quite a few fish the other day and nothing flew apart, so I'm happy about that. Gonna order a new jigging rod here soon to put together.