Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got this Email from UDWR
[Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcontent.govdelive...idqH4A--~D]
Planning to use your boat in Utah? There are new requirements you need to know! Starting July 1, 2020, those with motorized vessels are required to:
Both the online education and the $20 fee will be required of owners of boats not currently registered in the state of Utah, but that will be used within Utah. The course, the payment portal, and more information can be found at stdofthesea.utah.gov starting June 30.
Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part to help protect Utah’s waters from aquatic invasive species! 
(06-30-2020, 09:32 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcontent.govdelive...idqH4A--~D]
Planning to use your boat in Utah? There are new requirements you need to know! Starting July 1, 2020, those with motorized vessels are required to:
Both the online education and the $20 fee will be required of owners of boats not currently registered in the state of Utah, but that will be used within Utah. The course, the payment portal, and more information can be found at stdofthesea.utah.gov starting June 30.
Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part to help protect Utah’s waters from aquatic invasive species! 

Ya, I got it also!  I wonder if the reason is that i had my toon inspected in Idaho last week on the way to Oneida?
I got it also
big_griggs
Ya, I got it also! I wonder if the reason is that i had my toon inspected in Idaho last week on the way to Oneida?

No, I doubt it, likely everyone that gets a fishing license in Utah got one or maybe everyone that licenses a watercraft  here but I'm really not sure .
It is just a blanket email. My friend that moved to Alabama a couple of years ago go the same thing.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
So I got it also and I'm not completely understanding what it is saying. I thought if you licensed your boat in Utah you had already paid the fee as part of your license. It was also my understanding that the legislation was supposed to be so out of state boaters started paying their share of the invasive species fight. But when I read the thing, it sounded like I was going to have to pay a $20 fee to boat in Utah... Do I need to pay another fee to keep boating? I just licensed my boat a week ago so I'm not really wanting to cough up another fee, especially since my motor went down and is in the shop 3 to 4 weeks before they will work on it... Would appreciate if someone could help clear up my misunderstanding here... Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(07-01-2020, 07:21 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So I got it also and I'm not completely understanding what it is saying.  I thought if you licensed your boat in Utah you had already paid the fee as part of your license.  It was also my understanding that the legislation was supposed to be so out of state boaters started paying their share of the invasive species fight.  But when I read the thing, it sounded like I was going to have to pay a $20 fee to boat in Utah... Do I need to pay another fee to keep boating?  I just licensed my boat a week ago so I'm not really wanting to cough up another fee, especially since my motor went down and is in the shop 3 to 4 weeks before they will work on it...  Would appreciate if someone could help clear up my misunderstanding here... Thanks Jeff
Right in the pic at the top of the email it says,"Bringing a boat to Utah", I'd say this only applies to those boaters from outside of Utah. This should help, here is the first link in the email that says,"New requirements", the links do not work below but after clicking on the original post they do answer your questions: 

QUESTIONS FOR NONRESIDENT EDUCATION & PAYMENT PROGRAMS
WHAT ARE THESE REQUIREMENTS?

Starting July 1, 2020, all motorized boats used in Utah waters that are not currently registered in Utah will be subject to a new $20 fee.
WHOM DOES THIS REQUIREMENT APPLY TO?
DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY SUP, KAYAK, CANOE, ETC.?
WILL I BE ABLE TO REGISTER MULTIPLE VESSELS?
WHY DOESN'T THIS APPLY TO RESIDENTS?
WHEN DOES THIS GO INTO EFFECT?
HOW LONG IS THE EDUCATION CERTIFICATE VALID?
HOW LONG IS THE PAYMENT RECEIPT VALID?
WILL I STILL NEED TO SELF-CERTIFY THAT MY BOAT HAS MET THE DECONTAMINATION REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO LAUNCHING?
WHAT IF I LAUNCH OUTSIDE OF UTAH ON AN INTERSTATE WATER LIKE BEAR LAKE, FLAMING GORGE, OR LAKE POWELL?
WHERE CAN I PAY THE FEE FOR A NON-UTAH REGISTERED BOAT?
WHAT IS THE QR CODE ON MY CERTIFICATE FOR?
Thanks Curt
That is what I expected, but I guess I read it wrong. Thank you. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Glad they finally got it fixed so that the out of staters pay now as well.
Got it as well. It was confusing....thought they were trying to get even more money out of us boaters.

Glad to here its just for out of state, thanks for the info guys
A couple of customer complained today that they took the on-line course but they could not get the payment link to work (7.5.20).  Has anyone heard if the system is working yet?
I got to the login page on Thursday 7-2-20 but my friend didn't have his bow number so we stopped at there.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(07-06-2020, 02:31 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: A couple of customer complained today that they took the on-line course but they could not get the payment link to work (7.5.20).  Has anyone heard if the system is working yet?

Just got off the phone with the UDWR and ask them the question you asked, they said there is no problems with the  payment link working, in all cases it has been user error as to why they can not get it to work. You can tell your customers that they can call the local DWR office and they can have someone there walk them through the problem. He said the biggest issue they are seeing is that people are not putting in their birthday and customer ID at the end of the on-line course. If they fail to put that in, the payment link will not work. Hope that helps but it's best to call the UDWR, if they have any other questions.
(07-07-2020, 11:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 02:31 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: A couple of customer complained today that they took the on-line course but they could not get the payment link to work (7.5.20).  Has anyone heard if the system is working yet?

Just got off the phone with the UDWR and ask them the question you asked, they said there is no problems with the  payment link working, in all cases it has been user error as to why they can not get it to work. You can tell your customers that they can call the local DWR office and they can have someone there walk them through the problem. He said the biggest issue they are seeing is that people are not putting in their birthday and customer ID at the end of the on-line course. If they fail to put that in, the payment link will not work. Hope that helps but it's best to call the UDWR, if they have any other questions.
Will do.  Unfortunately, it was Sunday and they were closed.
(07-08-2020, 04:54 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Will do.  Unfortunately, it was Sunday and they were closed.
Yea, that's too bad but at least in the future, you can let them know who to contact, to solve their problem. In case you don't know the local DWR number, in S. Ogden, it is 801-476-2740.