Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got this email from the UDWR
I know some of you fish in Utah with a boat, so I thought this might be of interest to you:

[Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcontent.govdelive...idqH4A--~D]
Planning to use your boat in Utah? There are new requirements you need to know! Starting July 1, 2020, those with motorized vessels are required to:
Both the online education and the $20 fee will be required of owners of boats not currently registered in the state of Utah, but that will be used within Utah. The course, the payment portal, and more information can be found at stdofthesea.utah.gov starting June 30.
Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part to help protect Utah’s waters from aquatic invasive species! 
Thanks for the reminder Curt.
(07-01-2020, 02:07 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Thanks for the reminder Curt.
Did you get the same email Randy?
I got the same thing, I thought their was already a STD fee established on current boat registrations when you registered them in Utah. Is this a totally new fee (Tax) along with plenty of notice and time for public input.
Or are they broadening the program to out of State boats and if as a resident you were good to go last week your still good to go in July.
Makes the training course mandatory now for everyone might be the only change for us.
(07-01-2020, 01:14 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote: I got the same thing, I thought their was already a STD fee established on current boat registrations when you registered them in Utah. Is this a totally new fee (Tax) along with plenty of notice and time for public input.
Or are they broadening the program to out of State boats and if as a resident you were good to go last week your still good to go in July.
Makes the training course mandatory now for everyone might be the only change for us.

You are correct, those of us that live in Utah have been paying this fee in our boat registration for a few years now, this is only for out of state folks, just like Idaho and Wyoming does but cheaper by $10. Not sure if the online training will be mandatory for Utah residents but it should be, I think this Email was just for out of state folks. I'll contact the UDWR and find out.
Glad to see that Curt for nonresidents its about time Utah reciprocates with a non resident fee even though it is cheaper than our neighbor states by 10 bucks. I don't mind paying a fee in their state and have been doing it for years.
(07-07-2020, 12:49 AM)PACKFAN Wrote: Glad to see that Curt for nonresidents its about time Utah reciprocates with a non resident fee even though it is cheaper than our neighbor states by 10 bucks. I don't mind paying a fee in their state and have been doing it for years.

Yes, I agree Pete, it is about time. It's just strange it's cheaper than the surrounds states, Utah's cost for their license is higher, so why is this one cheaper, maybe they will raise it after a year.
(07-07-2020, 01:04 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 12:49 AM)PACKFAN Wrote: Glad to see that Curt for nonresidents its about time Utah reciprocates with a non resident fee even though it is cheaper than our neighbor states by 10 bucks. I don't mind paying a fee in their state and have been doing it for years.

Yes, I agree Pete, it is about time. It's just strange it's cheaper than the surrounds states, Utah's cost for their license is higher, so why is this one cheaper, maybe they will raise it after a year.
At least its a start and helps pay some for our program here.
(07-07-2020, 02:34 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 01:04 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

At least its a start and helps pay some for our program here.
Agreed