Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierd timing of this Fishing Season
Is this really summer? We have witnessed the 4 seasons on 3 separate occasions in a 3wk period. I like a good summer storm bringing in cooler temps but snow on the mountain top, it might not be uncommon but its just been so unsettling going into summer. When I venture out to go fishing especially as a loner I have to judge what day according to wind and wind reports have not been too favorable. Also seeing some of the fishing reports including my own fishing has been tough on some days when one would think is a good day. Even the lunar tables seem out whack. Of coarse Covid-19 in the early days putting us on house arrest didn't help out the situation with restriction access to parks, it could happen again. From what I have been reading and first hand at seeing the parking lots at many of our fishing holes are full even in the middle of the week. This adds one more situation of determining when to go, which hasn't hampered previous seasons past, maybe I'll wait till after July 4th weekend for congestion to settle for this geezer. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
The weather has been crazy! I have had better luck with the cold temps extended the spring fishing and kept fish from hitting summer runs. As for covid and all the people, just time to go further out and leave them behind.
(07-01-2020, 01:02 PM)Bduck Wrote: Is this really summer? We have witnessed the 4 seasons on 3 separate occasions in a 3wk period. I like a good summer storm bringing in cooler temps but snow on the mountain top, it might not be uncommon but its just been so unsettling going into summer. When I venture out to go fishing especially as a loner I have to judge what day according to wind and wind reports have not been too favorable. Also seeing some of the fishing reports including my own fishing has been tough on some days when one would think is a good day. Even the lunar tables seem out whack. Of coarse Covid-19 in the early days putting us on house arrest didn't help out the situation with restriction access to parks, it could happen again. From what I have been reading and first hand at seeing the parking lots at many of our fishing holes are full even in the middle of the week. This adds one more situation of determining when to go, which hasn't hampered previous seasons past, maybe I'll wait till after July 4th weekend for congestion to settle for this geezer. 

I am not holding my breath for the congestion to settle till things return to the old normal and people go back to work. Then with companies learning that a lot of their people can work from home I'm not to sure it will loosen up then. If I wasn't retired and working I'd like it to be off the deck of a boat also so I can't blame em.
I've noticed it over the past 35 years, honestly, and not just for fishing.

We'd beter get used to it. "Normal" years will still happen, but won't be the norm.