Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Flavor 7-03-2020
I got the call yesterday twisting my arm from a good friend 2knots that has been feeling a little anemic in getting out to go fishing. He hasn't been to the Berry this year yet so when he asked me if I would go with him, I knew I couldn't let him down. It was going to be easy for me since he was taking his boat and now I have committed to yes. I thought for sure I was going avoid the crowds this day & thru out the weekend. Here is what I said on a post on another thread "[i]I'm with Bob, I'm staying home and but I'm smoking ribs also. My working life involved the crowd infested weekends and now retired I can avoid the plague of weekends. I sometimes like to get out for a country drive for a day which avoidance still in place." [Image: cool.png] I lied Confused I wasn't shamed or browbeaten into going, I know a good thing was happening here so I couldn't say no. The ribs never got smoked. Alan picked me up 0300 and off we went. On our way up the final grade to Daniel's summit we got pass up by a fast moving truck pulling a Tracker boat. I told Alan that boat looks familiar as it might be Robert (Liketrolling). After we pulled into the parking just after 0500 we went over to Robert to meet & greet and sure enough it was him. He responded saying "I was wondering why I could shake you off my tail". Then it was off to the pond and fishing. The crowd was starting to trickle in but it wasn't too bad at our launch time. The battle ground was some what slow but we managed to get our limit of kokes. We lost a few at the back of the boat and of coarse caught our share of cutts. Thanks Alan for sharing a wonderful day for what deemed perfect in my book.[/i]

[i][Image: Berry-Fishing-1.jpg] [Image: Berry-Fishing-2.jpg][/i]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Sooooooo glad you could go, I wasn’t looking forward to getting the boat back on the trailer with a solo trip so a big thanks. It’s been way to long between trips with the house construction getting completed and then the move so I needed to get a line wet. Roger hooked up1st before I had a line in the water which quickly spit the hooks at us and then his other rod got a drive bye so was thinking it’s going to be a quick morning of fishing but those thoughts quickly disappeared as did the 1st fish. It’s wasn’t red hot but pretty steady action in a few spots off of Hawes, thanks to others posts we started out at 38-43’ on the wire and stuck with it all day running 1.5 to 1.7 on the gps. Gold apex followed by an orange hoochie were the best producerS for the kokes, cutts ate anything lol. It was great to meet Robert and put another face to the name, hope you guys did well today.

1st light on the pond
[Image: CEAAD2-D4-3-AFB-43-D1-AC88-6-D2-C02-F44-E72.jpg]

The fleet “up” above us

[Image: 3-F46-EA93-D331-430-F-8-C83-EC564-D1-B807-D.jpg]

Roger doing battle
[Image: A1-E40-D18-CB45-4-F4-D-ACB5-A5-FA4-F424-BAF.jpg]

The days go home catch 
[Image: A2-E2-F996-B058-43-D4-8800-4689-D305-D72-C.jpg]
when I past you I said that is one good looking boat 
we did OK We lucked out and the boats left us alone so we could stay on the kokes and it was fast for us we had are 12 kokes by 7
we also got in to some big cuts.
Those low profile Okuma Coldwaters are a phenominal reel - great choice!
(07-04-2020, 01:16 AM)liketrolling Wrote: when I past you I said that is one good looking boat 
we did OK We lucked out and the boats left us alone so we could stay on the kokes and it was fast for us we had are 12 kokes by 7
Thanks it has been a great boat, good to hear you guys did well and got done early, the ramp and lot was getting crazy when we pulled out.
(07-04-2020, 01:16 AM)liketrolling Wrote: when I past you I said that is one good looking boat 
Nice seeing you again Robert, we also didn't have much interference at all with others. Hope to see you again soon.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF