Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Shore fishing
So, I’m a proud shore fisherman by default...no time to justify a boat as I only get out to the lakes 2-3 days in the year.  Yeah, I know, I’ll try and get out more.

That said, when I go out, I tend to go to my money spots, places I know I’ll catch something, so I always appreciate the posts here that let me know what the weather is like and how the fishing is. Thanks everyone for posting!

So, I’d like to contribute something for the shore fishermen.  I had some great success on the shore right by the Soldier Creek dam on the East side. I only walked 20-30 yards away from the dam and cast only about 35 feet out.  I used Rainbow Powerbait that had a 3-4 foot leader. I also dipped the powerbait in night crawler Smelly Jelly...I know it’s overkill, but I was getting bites every 5-10 minutes.  It was a great relaxing day.  The fish were ask Cuts on the upper end of the slot. 

Hope this helps some of the shore fishermen.  Remember not to cast over the fish, they are pretty shallow!
[Image: 6-D66-CA39-13-BF-452-C-BEEE-C24-D86-BC0-EF7.jpg]
Great first post and a beautiful picture.  Thanks for sharing.  2-3 times a year is better than none at all.
(07-04-2020, 02:50 AM)BlackMoon Wrote: So, I’m a proud shore fisherman by default...no time to justify a boat as I only get out to the lakes 2-3 days in the year.  Yeah, I know, I’ll try and get out more.

That said, when I go out, I tend to go to my money spots, places I know I’ll catch something, so I always appreciate the posts here that let me know what the weather is like and how the fishing is. Thanks everyone for posting!

So, I’d like to contribute something for the shore fishermen.  I had some great success on the shore right by the Soldier Creek dam on the East side. I only walked 20-30 yards away from the dam and cast only about 35 feet out.  I used Rainbow Powerbait that had a 3-4 foot leader. I also dipped the powerbait in night crawler Smelly Jelly...I know it’s overkill, but I was getting bites every 5-10 minutes.  It was a great relaxing day.  The fish were ask Cuts on the upper end of the slot. 

Hope this helps some of the shore fishermen.  Remember not to cast over the fish, they are pretty shallow!
[Image: 6-D66-CA39-13-BF-452-C-BEEE-C24-D86-BC0-EF7.jpg]

Fishing is fishing whether its on a boat or on the shore. I have my shore background that holds my memories. Occasionally I have thoughts of leaving the boat home and finding a shore to share with others. I agree with a great first post and welcome to the BFT boards.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
We were up there a week ago and I ran into a guy at the fish cleaning station that had been shore fishing with powerbait near Haws point. He had 2 Rainbows that were 18"-20" long and fat. They were very nice fish and I told him so.
I also am a bank tangler. No shame in that.  I loved my boats of the past and no doubt will have another(s) in the future or maybe a yak. But right now I find great pleasure in trying to target all the Mt West species from the bank. Some are easy and some are very challenging.  I have truly enjoyed a change in technique and learning that has come from this effort. Tangle on my friend and perhaps we will rub shoulders on a crowded shore soon.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew