Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Dry Camping Questions?
I would like to take the trailer to Strawberry in August. In the past, I have seen people dry camping 
in the meadow on the right side of the road as you are driving to the Marina.
Is this acceptable to do?
Are there any fees?
Suggestions on good places to camp.
Thanks,
Dale.
(07-04-2020, 10:27 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: I would like to take the trailer to Strawberry in August. In the past, I have seen people dry camping 
in the meadow on the right side of the road as you are driving to the Marina.
Is this acceptable to do?
Are there any fees?
Suggestions on good places to camp.
Thanks,
Dale.
Good Morning Dale,

That land is part of the Uinta National Forest and the official jargon for what you want to do is '
Dispersed Camping'.  Click on that link and read about it there.  It is allowed with just a few rules to follow.  Have fun.
Big Grin
Thanks, Bob.
We want to spend several days there in early August and the camping spots inside Strawberry are all full.
I have seen people camping in the past, where I was thinking about going bvut was not sure if it was OK or not.

We will plan on doing it now.
Thanks,
Dale.
drive up the road, pick a good spot.   go looking without  your trailer   but most of the good spots have been taken.
there is some that like to have a lot of fun all night.
I just looked on Recreation.gov at Strawberry campground and there are still spots available in August.
Also be aware that the people that are now hunting will be setting up too. It could get crowed.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I have yet to see all those campsites full at Strawberry, yes the full hooks ups are reserved during the summer, I believe there are a few in there that are first come, and not reserved. I think thats loop C, Cuttthroat. But this is certainly a different year with everyone wanting to camp. I also think they have an over flow loop, but its been awhile .