Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers
We found some wipers finally at Jordanelle.
Cool. Any size to them? I ran into some guys that limited on them a couple weeks ago On Pop gear and worm ,they were trying to catch Trout they couldn't keep the wipers off. They were fishing in Rock Cliffs area... They were mostly smaller 12 inches or so they had a couple about 16 inches.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
        Hope this picture works out.
Beautiful fish, the biggest ones look a bit bigger than the biggest we got last summer !!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Mildog
(07-07-2020, 01:24 AM)fishgiver Wrote: Hope this picture works out.
Should let those little guys grow up. I know your totally able to catch and keep all you want. But because they do not spawn and the DWR will only stock very few after they are established. A big wiper is allot more fun to catch than a bunch of little wipers. 

The 16" wipers next year will be pushing 20" mark. And if the food is good another 4" the next year. We could be seeing wipers in the 28" range in the next three years if people release them and just keep a few for dinner. 

Minersville has very few wipers left in it due to over harvest. And no stocking. Willard is the same way over harvest of wipers all the time. They have started stocking wipers in Willard so hopefully the days of the past will come back.

Small wipers vs big wipers. 
[Image: MVIMG-20200704-090749.jpg] 

fnf Cool
I know the division is working on having a steady supply of wipers to maintain fisheries, there are several year classes in there which is positive. When they set the limit I assume they figured it is a sustainable amount? Hopefully enough will make it to Tank size and be the great fighting sportfish that they are !
(07-06-2020, 11:34 AM)fishgiver Wrote: We found some wipers finally at Jordanelle.
very nice catch !
Where you bait fishing or trolling for these guys. I have not been able to find them yet.