Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek - Marina Closed
Staying up here the last few days. Wife just spoke with search and rescue. Looks like marina will be closed tomorrow.

There have been 6-9 boats on the water all day searching. I hope everyone is OK, but it doesn't look good.

Boated 16 walleye today, co angler got 3. Slow death hook, gold beads, and a gold size 2 spinner.

[Image: 20200708-204438.jpg]

Update: a body has been found. Marinas will be open tomorrow

Absolutely tragic.
I was there last night when they were searching. Main ramp was closed and Island ramp said boat parking full but I went late enough that they let me in. We were asked to stay on the north end away from the search area. No wonder the lake looked so deserted when we crossed the dam. They did find the victim, a 71 year old gentleman from Tennessee. He jumped in to retrieve his hat and Sadly did not re-surface. Obviously he had no life jacket on when he jumped in. Kind of dampened our spiritsĀ and the fishing matched our mood. 2 small eyes and one nice rainbow all released. Stay safe everyone and remember that your life jacket isn't worth beans under your seat or stowed. Just wear the thing.
(07-09-2020, 02:49 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Staying up here the last few days. Wife just spoke with search and rescue. Looks like marina will be closed tomorrow.

There have been 6-9 boats on the water all day searching. I hope everyone is OK, but it doesn't look good.

Boated 16 walleye today, co angler got 3. Slow death hook, gold beads, and a gold size 2 spinner.

Absolutely tragic.
Heading up Monday for 5 days, hoping the eyes and perch want to play.
(07-09-2020, 11:03 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 02:49 AM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Staying up here the last few days. Wife just spoke with search and rescue. Looks like marina will be closed tomorrow.

Absolutely tragic.
Heading up Monday for 5 days, hoping the eyes and perch want to play.

They will be there - weeds still havent popped up to the surface yet, so all my perch were "accidental" when walleye fishing.

Good luck - I'm sure the fishing will be on fire.