Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day at Utah Lake
Richard and I decided to take one of our 35 Great-grandkids fishing with us today.  He's 9 years old and had never been fishing before.

We launched out of LB about 9:30 and headed for the rocks on the East.  We tried there for a whiole, and nothing, so we headed to the West out to about 5 fow and trolled.

Of course we had him all rigged up with our best pole and rig, hoping he might catch something. WHAM!  He statred hollering I got one.  Richard took a minute to show him how to land it, and not lose the pole.

You might know that he caught a 28 incher, which would have given either one of us a bump, but that's life.  Ya give the kid a pole , and he beats the crap out of you.

We had fun fishing with him.  It was exciting to see him have so much fun. He caught 3 cat's and a WB, I caught 2, and Richard caught 1.  So Broden was the champion fisherman today, and he made sure we knew that.

[Image: sdr.jpg]
That's one proud Fisherman!
(07-09-2020, 03:06 AM)MrsJ Wrote:   So Broden was the champion fisherman today, and he made sure we knew that.

[Image: sdr.jpg]

That is the way it is supposed to be and great to read it.
Violet that was worth logging on to read I get a kick out of the memories being made with kids whether it be with parents or grandparents, as long as it's not TV or video games. Great job getting him out there and awesome that he whooped ya haha
Cool deal you guys, glad you can corrupt your great grandkids. Don’t know how it always happens that the newby gets the big one but I’ve seen that happen a lot. Sure helps to hook them on fishing. Glad you did that for him. Now do the rest of the greats and grandkids want their chance to join you? You’ll need a bigger boat! Hope that will be fun for you. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Nice report.  When you say the rocks in the east. Are you talking about the rocks over by Sandy Beach?  I like to say, "that was the best fish I never caught" on days like that.  I would rather let someone else catch a big fish.  I have caught my share.

Matthew
Yes , the rocks by sandy beach.  Some days we have done very well there, but not on this day.  It was delightful to see him catch that fish.  I made a video of the second fish he caught, but don't know how to post it.
Sounds like a great outing, he looks really excited! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!