Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forever My Favorite Fishing Partner
[Image: Strawberry.jpg]

Today Strawberry seamed slow but we were home by 11:30 
I think catching is slowing down for most.
my four downriggers were down 35 to 45 I think 40 was best, but had all 4 catching fish.

I posted that I was relearning about Kokanee  that kokanee will go down to get your lure.  and some one added that they may go down but they go up a lot more.  I don't think he has ever seen this but was told that.

we have all been told put your downrigger balls above the kokanee. 
this is what I'm seeing with my garmin Live scope
you have a ball down 40 feet.
I have the live scope transducer looking forward 45 feet and back so it can see two balls, I can see one dodger and squid
so I can see 30 feet in front of the boat on one side.
Most of the time I see kokanee going down to the squid I will first see them start at 30 to 39 feet go under the ball (that is when you see them on your fishfinder)  then go to the dodger and lure.   If you are down 45 feet same thing under the ball  . If you go down to 50 feet you may only catch Cuts.   so you still need to be close with your downrigger balls.
(07-10-2020, 07:43 PM)liketrolling Wrote: [Image: Strawberry.jpg]

Today Strawberry seamed slow but we were home by 11:30 
I think catching is slowing down for most.
my four downriggers were down 35 to 45 I think 40 was best, but had all 4 catching fish.

I posted that I was relearning about Kokanee  that kokanee will go down to get your lure.  and some one added that they may go down but they go up a lot more.  I don't think he has ever seen this but was told that.

we have all been told put your downrigger balls above the kokanee. 
this is what I'm seeing with my garmin Live scope
you have a ball down 40 feet.
I have the live scope transducer looking forward 45 feet and back so it can see two balls, I can see one dodger and squid
so I can see 30 feet in front of the boat on one side.
Most of the time I see kokanee going down to the squid I will first see them start at 30 to 39 feet go under the ball (that is when you see them on your fishfinder)  then go to the dodger and lure.   If you are down 45 feet same thing under the ball  . If you go down to 50 feet you may only catch Cuts.   so you still need to be close with your downrigger balls.
Looks like another great day on the water with your daughter! I'm heading up to our camp tonight with my favorite fishing partner, my 6 year old granddaughter. Hope to get some nice fish like those you got. I have not caught as many bigger fish this year and the average size is significantly smaller than has been for the last couple years at least for me...
Sunrise on the water
Had the same experience with the kokes at the Berry last Friday, gear below them and hooked up, in them or above nothing. A couple years back I ran a go-pro at the gorge and got quite a few fish coming down and hitting the gear, they also hit sling blades that were “rolling”
Great info guys, thanks for sharing that! I’ll have to try that next time I get a chance. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!