Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got back out....
Had some boat issues the last few months and basically missed all the spring fishing, think I got all the kinks worked out, went out for a quick morning trip to make sure all was in order and try and catch a few fish before the temps. went through the roof. The water in the gulf/intercostal has got to be around 85*....fish are sluggish but I managed a couple of small Reds. Good news is that the boat ran great. Short video of the beautiful morning.

https://youtu.be/97X6K6BmDcY
Good video....looks like a nice day out there...."Play that funky music..."
Mike, always good when the boat runs great. Curious how you got a boat with the steering wheel on the port side. I made the comment, just this week, wondering why boats had the steering wheel on the starboard side and the cars (at least in the U.S.) have them on the port side.
(07-17-2020, 02:50 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Mike, always good when the boat runs great.  Curious how you got a boat with the steering wheel on the port side.  I made the comment, just this week, wondering why boats had the steering wheel on the starboard side and the cars (at least in the U.S.) have them on the port side.

it’s a center console, just looks like it’s on the port side, if it was moved to the right it would be the same as any boat.[Image: E31-F3140-2730-427-A-A1-D0-3-BFDC2-E7-A3-AA.jpg]
(07-17-2020, 02:50 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Mike, always good when the boat runs great.  Curious how you got a boat with the steering wheel on the port side.  I made the comment, just this week, wondering why boats had the steering wheel on the starboard side and the cars (at least in the U.S.) have them on the port side.

Kent, this is one answer I have heard

"According to Rob Parmentier with Larson Boats, the propellers on single engines go counter clockwise, so when there is torque on the propeller, the boat can lean left. Boat designers wanted a way to keep more weight on the right side. "  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool