Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fontanelle Res 7-15-2020
Who all has ever fished this lake? I know there is a few out there. For years I have passed by there usually during the dead of winter where it blends in with the Wyoming tundra seeing waves frozen in place, my thought at the time was BBRRRR. A couple of years ago I finally got a good view of its soft natural state of coarse the big "W" was set that afternoon . Never realize before how large this lake was. I decided to pull the boat up to the Font and give it a try Wednesday. I heard it was a hard lake to fish as we know our own Bear L here yields that quality at times. I don't want to make that a habit to visit any lake that is temperamental. Launched near the dam and didn't venture not more than a mile away. At first I dropped lines right outside staying in dam area. Water temp to start with was 65° and marking a lot of fish in top 15'. A report I received was kokes being caught was close to surface. After a couple of passes with no love I ventured further north on east side of lake staying in 85-90 FOW. Then I found the mother lode but these were deep at 70+ FOW. I was still marking a lot of fish in top 15'. So I set one rig down deep & one at 10'. I did a few dodger & numerous lure change ups on the deep rod, no love not even a bump. On my shallow rod I used an RMT Hyperplaid 5.5" dodger with a double glow pink squid. I caught 2 kokes in 2lb range and 2 small cutts using same setup. That same setup was also used deep. No skunk this trip. By 2pm the glass I was enjoying with a slight breeze at times trolling disappeared when the gate opened and sheep started coming into the pasture. Its was time to get off of the water and head home. Water temp had risen to 72° at the end. Now this dummy has to spend the next 2 days in recovery from a long 1 day trip and think about where I can go to deprive this weary body of rest with some more heart jolting action.  Undecided

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Thanks for that 
One guy said it was real good there, he was going to take me, but we never did go.
Good for you Roger going over and exploring some new water and getting the target species
I can't tell you a thing about chasing Kokes at the Font, but I can tell ya that it is an awesome location for spring Browns and some real nice ones to boot. Its been many years since I did a summer boat run but we use to have some good spots near where Fotnell creek entered and straight across from campground on the otherside. But that was pop gear and tripple teaser fishing not koke gear.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Done well I’ve fishing there years ago. Lots of brownies with a few bows and whitefish thrown in.