Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three trips in one week
It's hot...and fishing has slowed down on some waters.  But I pushed it and got out three times this last week...Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Caught fish and didn't catch no covids...I hope.

Already put up a post about Monday's fishing...Willard 7-13-20...TDH and NBC

Wednesday I got up at 3 am and rode up to Strawberry with Liketrolling...to troll for kokes in his boat.  Finally woke up about 10.  Fishing has slowed way down on Da Berry, but we managed to scratch a few kokes and some pesky cutts.  I actually got my limit of kokanee. And that was the first time I have fished that lake in almost 40 years.  Thanks, Robert.  It was good to fish with someone as old as I am.  Not many of us left.

Friday I climbed in another boat...with old fishing buddy TopH20.  He had been camped all week at Willard...fishing and visiting with a son from Clearfield.  As with most folks on Willard these days he had worked hard to find a few fish...but mostly cats and a couple of wipers.  We had to be back before noon so he could check out of his campsite so we divided up the morning.  First few hours were spent looking and trolling.  Saw a lot more fish on "TV" than on our lines.  A couple of cats and one walleye was about all we could manage.  Others on the water seemed to be struggling too.

Late in the morning we put up the trolling rigs and brought out the fliggin' gear.  Mike wanted to learn the way of the flig.  So I directed him to my "Kitty Condo" off Eagle Beach and we commenced to dragging fligs sweetened with LHBE minnows.  It took a few minutes of dodging jet skis to finally find a few cats.  They slurped up our offerings, tugged well and were safely ushered back into the lake.  Thanks for the invite, Mike.  Good to fish with you again.  Starvation is calling.
[Image: CALM-WITH-COMPANY.jpg][Image: CAPTAIN-S-CONTROL-DECK.jpg][Image: NICE-ONE.jpg][Image: WALLEYE-ON-GULP.jpg]
[/url][Image: CALM-CATTIN.jpg][Image: CAT-ON-BLUE-SILVER.jpg]

[url=https://ibb.co/Mh7JcSC]
(07-18-2020, 02:48 PM)TubeDude Wrote: It's hot...and fishing has slowed down on some waters.  But I pushed it and got out three times this last week...Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Caught fish and didn't catch no covids...I hope.

Already put up a post about Monday's fishing...Willard 7-13-20...TDH and NBC

Wednesday I got up at 3 am and rode up to Strawberry with Liketrolling...to troll for kokes in his boat.  Finally woke up about 10.  Fishing has slowed way down on Da Berry, but we managed to scratch a few kokes and some pesky cutts.  I actually got my limit of kokanee. And that was the first time I have fished that lake in almost 40 years.  Thanks, Robert.  It was good to fish with someone as old as I am.  Not many of us left.

Friday I climbed in another boat...with old fishing buddy TopH20.  He had been camped all week at Willard...fishing and visiting with a son from Clearfield.  As with most folks on Willard these days he had worked hard to find a few fish...but mostly cats and a couple of wipers.  We had to be back before noon so he could check out of his campsite so we divided up the morning.  First few hours were spent looking and trolling.  Saw a lot more fish on "TV" than on our lines.  A couple of cats and one wiper was about all we could manage.  Others on the water seemed to be struggling too.

Late in the morning we put up the trolling rigs and brought out the fliggin' gear.  Mike wanted to learn the way of the flig.  So I directed him to my "Kitty Condo" off Eagle Beach and we commenced to dragging fligs sweetened with LHBE minnows.  It took a few minutes of dodging jet skis to finally find a few cats.  They slurped up our offerings, tugged well and were safely ushered back into the lake.  Thanks for the invite, Mike.  Good to fish with you again.  Starvation is calling.
[Image: CALM-WITH-COMPANY.jpg][Image: CAPTAIN-S-CONTROL-DECK.jpg][Image: NICE-ONE.jpg][Image: WALLEYE-ON-GULP.jpg]
[/url][Image: CALM-CATTIN.jpg][Image: CAT-ON-BLUE-SILVER.jpg]

[url=https://ibb.co/Mh7JcSC]
It was my pleasure to share Friday morning with you Pat.  It's too bad we didn't get out there a few weeks ago when the walleye and wipers were more available and willing to play tug-of-war.  The Fligin lesson was worth the effort of putting up with the tropical heat and wave runners.  I'm looking forward to our next outing and the chance to use some of the bling you gave me when we wrapped up the day.  Starvation could well be the next location for us join up again.  Stay well and feisty!

Mike
(07-18-2020, 02:48 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Wednesday I got up at 3 am and rode up to Strawberry with Liketrolling...to troll for kokes in his boat. 
Attention moderators, someone has hijacked TubeDude's account.  He does not fish Strawberry! Big Grin
Bet it's been a long time since you fished three days in one week. Cool On your friday outing with Mike you said you caught a couple of cats and a wiper but that wiper looks strange to me, almost reminds me of a walleye Wink.
(07-18-2020, 05:38 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Bet it's been a long time since you fished three days in one week. Cool On your friday outing with Mike you said you caught a couple of cats and a wiper but that wiper looks strange to me, almost reminds me of a walleye Wink.
The severe overindulgence of the previous week affected my reckymembery...or else I miss-hit the wrong keys on the computicator.  Actually, that fish is a very rare hybrid...a "wipereye".  Seldom seen and even less seldom recognized for what it really is...since it tends to exhibit more of the walleye parent tendencies.

Yeah, okay, it is a walleye.  But of all the boats we hailed while out upon the waters, nobody else had caught any other walleye.  Really a dumb one, I guess.  However,  we were off the water by about 11 am so it is possible that a walleye bite may have developed later in the day.

(07-18-2020, 05:14 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 02:48 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Wednesday I got up at 3 am and rode up to Strawberry with Liketrolling...to troll for kokes in his boat. 
Attention moderators, someone has hijacked TubeDude's account.  He does not fish Strawberry! Big Grin
Technically, I do not fish Strawberry.  But trolling ain't really fishing.
I was at Willard on Friday. I saw your Blazer parked by the truck/trailers at the top of the ramp as I was launching. Then as I was pulling out, saw you walking to your Blazer at the top of the ramp. I was going to come say hi, but as soon as I got free from hooking up my boat/trailer, you had gone (we've met, I was Cowmilker on here, I sold you an ice auger a few years back). We only spent a couple of hours, trolled for a while then drifted the east side with shrimp. Nothing for us as far as fish. It's my first time on the water with this boat and the primary reason is to make sure my boat doesn't take on any water, and the motors work. A successful day overall.

I think Robert "boat napped " him.
Pat are you ok ??
(07-19-2020, 03:03 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:

I think Robert "boat napped " him.
Pat are you ok ??
Define OK.  I'd like to think I am still functioning on an acceptable level, but others may disagree.  Robert and I have collaborated on some lure making sessions and have had discussions on having me "poke some kokes".  When he put forth a sincere invitation last week I couldn't come up with any good excuses so I done did it.  Not sorry neither.  Enjoyed Robert's company, appreciated his hospitality, had fun with the fishies and definitely enjoyed some on the table.