Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek
Me and the wife are camping at deer creek the good thing is i have to head out in the morning so she can get her rest so i must abid don't have a boat just have to shore tangle thats ok not a lot of shore to access just went below camp ground at the crack or early this morning caught a couple and some really small tugs could of been crawdads might take a chicken leg down for some bait for latter
[Image: 20200718-082130.jpg]

[Image: 20200718-142829.jpg]
Guess you can bring back dinner, good job, abiding! Is there a campground at Deer creek? Does it have hook ups or is dry camping? We haven't been there too many times and can't remember noticing one.
(07-19-2020, 03:48 PM)jjannie Wrote: Guess you can bring back dinner, good job, abiding!  Is there a campground at Deer creek? Does it have hook ups or is dry camping?  We haven't been there too many times and can't remember noticing one.

Yes. A campground around towards the dam. Was there in 2006, believe it had water and power, can't remember if it had waste hookup.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(07-19-2020, 03:48 PM)jjannie Wrote: Guess you can bring back dinner, good job, abiding!  Is there a campground at Deer creek? Does it have hook ups or is dry camping?  We haven't been there too many times and can't remember noticing one.
Here is some of the basic info on Deer Creek...with links to more info on the campgrounds.  Hope it helps.
There is a campground both with or without full hookups, also an area for tents. Nice boat ramp at the main state park. We have our trailer there for the summer, we go during the week usually start on monday and come home on thurs. or fridays. It gets alot of pressure during the week as well but the week ends are nuts on the water. There is no enforcement by park rangers on the lake that I have seen the camp host told me that is suppose to change this next week with with a new ranger coming on board. They have had several drownings there this summer so far. If you go out fish early and be off the water by 11 AM or so.
One thing that many don't realize is that a substantial portion of the water from Deer Creek becomes municipal water for Salt Lake City. Without Salt Lake City and the surrounding area contracting to pay the major portion of the construction (through a water district) it is highly doubtful that Deer Creek would have ever been built.

This is an interesting link regarding the subject: http://www.slcdocs.com/utilities/PDF%20F...rcreek.pdf
(07-19-2020, 06:41 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: We have our trailer there for the summer, we go during the week usually start on monday and come home on thurs. or fridays.
I wasn't aware that you can long term camp at State Parks.  How does that work?  Is it still a flat daily fee regardless of how many days you stay, or is there a discounted rate for long stays - say 2 months?
(07-19-2020, 11:09 PM)dubob Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 06:41 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: We have our trailer there for the summer, we go during the week usually start on monday and come home on thurs. or fridays.
I wasn't aware that you can long term camp at State Parks.  How does that work?  Is it still a flat daily fee regardless of how many days you stay, or is there a discounted rate for long stays - say 2 months?
Dry Storage like Starvation, fish week days, that's what retirement is for as far as I'm concerned.  Smile