Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Report
What a year - Covid, Cookie with her third stroke, moving, retiring (I hope), and remolding the home I grew up in. Its been hard to get my fishing fix with Cookie and the crew... but I snuck away for a hour this morning and hit Echo. In the move most of my gear is packed. Could only put my hands on a pack of small Trout Magnet plastic and some ultra light jig heads.

Hit the east shore, south of the Marina. Tied on a small 32 wt jig head (yellow). Added the brown trout magnet and snipped the tail short. No bait to add and no slip bobbers to control the depth. True finesse jigging with my ultralight.

Moss was real bad but that is where the action was. If I could keep the jig clean and keep a nice arc on my line I could feel the bites. Tons and tons of small perch hiding in the submerged weeds and moss. Lot of baby smallies too. They attacked with a vengeance but were mostly to small even for this set up. But as the little ones got active chasing my rig, it brought in a some better perch looking to check out the commotion which also drew in a few better smallies. I would say that it would have been nice to have more gear to try, but why, the Trout Magnets and ultra light jig heads did their thing just fine. Picked up about 20 perch and a half dozen bass before the sun started to warm my neck and the skiers starting making waves making ultra finesse jigging pretty hard to do. Headed back to start tacking up sheet rock - yuck

If you have kids and want some quick action, go with a small hook, a bobber to keep it just above the moss (or float it off the bottom) and a tiny bit of worm and they will have Smiles till they are sunburnt 

A pretty short video - some cool underwater footage about midway 

https://youtu.be/gSRXURSQwx8
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Fun little video, C.P. .... tks for sharing....you moving out of Weber Canyon?
(07-19-2020, 04:58 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Fun little video, C.P. .... tks for sharing....you moving out of Weber Canyon?

Ya, sold the home in Petersen (morgan). Pulled the RV onto the basketball court at our old family home, where I was raised, in Henefer, and commenced to go to it with the sledge hammer. The old girl needs a LOT of love to bring her back, but i am about done with the demo and starting to put her back togther. Hope to move in by end of Aug. Then onto a restoration project on Dad's old John Deere 520 2 cylinder tractor. Somewhere in all that I will have to decide if I am really going to stay retired. 
Oh ya and fish, fish, fish
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
You sure have the panfish dialed in.  Nice report.
(07-19-2020, 06:19 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: You sure have the panfish dialed in.  Nice report.
Txs, now i need to get back on the cats before you get all the +30s in North Utah