Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Friday, 7-17
Buddy and I hit it fairly early, lines in water by 0600...I was king of the cutts again today, but we each did finally get our kokes, me being the hold-out 'til 11:30, when I got my last one....several smaller 9 or 10" cutts today, so figured there must have been a recent plant...about a dozen and half other cutts up to 17", all released....No fast action on the kokanee, and best action done by 0930...lots of searching for what we got, but they were great fish, mine 17, 17.5, and 2 were 18.5"....pink not so good today...white squid early worked for me, orange was best, and rainbow assasin also got a nicer koke....my buddy's main color was chart/green....We enjoyed a very nice morning, pretty warm by 1030, but a very lite breeze kept it comfortable....After about 1000 we both were changing lures/dodgers alot, trying to entice a hit, but even the cutts went to hiding....so I was lucky to get that one last solid hit (off my planer board) at 1130, just before we were planning to call it a day....that one was on the rainbow assasin, with 3 oz weight to get down in the 30+ foot depth range..all others off downriggers between 37', early, to 45', later....Guluk....
Well done, son.  Way to hang in there and git 'er done.

When I went out with liketrolling on Wednesday we had similar experience.  Slow but decent fishing until mid morning.  Then a whole lotta nuttin'.  We also got our last koke just before 11...with almost 2 hours in between the last one before that.

Curious.  Rainbow Assassin?  Got a pic or a link?
Nicely done Joe, glad you were able to hang in there and put that last fish in the boat, I too would like to see a pic of that rainbow assassin. 
(07-19-2020, 05:31 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Buddy and I hit it fairly early, lines in water by 0600...I was king of the cutts again today, but we each did finally get our kokes, me being the hold-out 'til 11:30, when I got my last one....several smaller 9 or 10" cutts today, so figured there must have been a recent plant...about a dozen and half other cutts up to 17", all released....No fast action on the kokanee, and best action done by 0930...lots of searching for what we got, but they were great fish, mine 17, 17.5, and 2 were 18.5"....pink not so good today...white squid early worked for me, orange was best, and rainbow assasin also got a nicer koke....my buddy's main color was chart/green....We enjoyed a very nice morning, pretty warm by 1030, but a very lite breeze kept it comfortable....After about 1000 we both were changing lures/dodgers alot, trying to entice a hit, but even the cutts went to hiding....so I was lucky to get that one last solid hit (off my planer board) at 1130, just before we were planning to call it a day....that one was on the rainbow assasin, with 3 oz weight to get down in the 30+ foot depth range..all others off downriggers between 37', early, to 45', later....Guluk....

I was there Friday as well, had a very similar experience. Actually got our did pretty well with green squids/flashers hanging off lead line and planer boards.  Caught nearly as many planing as with the four downriggers.
(07-19-2020, 01:10 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Well done, son.  Way to hang in there and git 'er done.

When I went out with liketrolling on Wednesday we had similar experience.  Slow but decent fishing until mid morning.  Then a whole lotta nuttin'.  We also got our last koke just before 11...with almost 2 hours in between the last one before that.

Curious.  Rainbow Assassin?  Got a pic or a link?
Pat -- Crystal Rainbow Trout Assasin, by Rocky Mtn Tackle, # 79275.....wish I could post a pic, but I'm just not up on that...good on 'bows and kokes...one of my 'Ace in the Hole' lures for the past 4 or 5 years, although I customize everything out of the package....