Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch 7/17
Had to make a quick trip for work down to Cedar City this week.  Talked my oldest boy into riding along with me so we could fish Panguitch on Friday.  We started out in 30-40 feet of water and we were catching some, but it seemed a little slow compared to what we normally catch.  Moved to the west in 16-20 feet of water and the fishing picked up after a storm blew threw.  Fished mainly with power putty.  Caught 2 cutts and the rest were bows.  Brought home a limit of 16-18" rainbows.The smoker is currently running and we should have some good eats in a few hours.  It was a great day with my son!
(07-19-2020, 09:46 PM)jamon_negro Wrote: Had to make a quick trip for work down to Cedar City this week.  Talked my oldest boy into riding along with me so we could fish Panguitch on Friday.  We started out in 30-40 feet of water and we were catching some, but it seemed a little slow compared to what we normally catch.  Moved to the west in 16-20 feet of water and the fishing picked up after a storm blew threw.  Fished mainly with power putty.  Caught 2 cutts and the rest were bows.  Brought home a limit of 16-18" rainbows.The smoker is currently running and we should have some good eats in a few hours.  It was a great day with my son!

It's always nice to get out and fish with family, especially your kids. Bet it was a lot cooler at Panguitch than it was at Cedar city. Sounds like a nice haul of bows. How heavy were the 18" bows?