Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alasks trip not going to happen
"This year is the first year I won't be going to Alaska for King Salmon and Halibut fishing, thanks to the Corona Virus pandemic."

All other years I didn't go because I figured that I couldn't afford it.
Real bummer Kent! You need to add "... ain't gonna happen this year" to your post. This Corvid bug will hopefully go away and next year will provide a new opportunity to make your trip. I've made my last trip to Alaska due to advanced age and, as wife says, diminishing mental capacity.

I think everybody who as a kid fished for minnows with a willow stick and a string with a bent pin for a hook, or, who hunted sparrows and starlings with a BB gun, should visit Alaska at least once in a lifetime. I've been fortunate enough to take the brown bear, moose, caribou, and black bear along with the King, halibut, and several other fishes. All are distant memories now but still as fresh as if they occurred last week.

You can look at the positive side of it -- you saved some money and there are always lots of Utah Lake cats to catch.

Good luck and I hope your trip is only delayed a year and not lost.

BLK
(07-22-2020, 04:16 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Real bummer Kent! You need to add "... ain't gonna happen this year" to your post. This Corvid bug will hopefully go away and next year will provide a new opportunity to make your trip. I've made my last trip to Alaska due to advanced age and, as wife says, diminishing mental capacity.

I think everybody who as a kid fished for minnows with a willow stick and a string with a bent pin for a hook, or, who hunted sparrows and starlings with a BB gun, should visit Alaska at least once in a lifetime. I've been fortunate enough to take the brown bear, moose, caribou, and black bear along with the King, halibut, and several other fishes. All are distant memories now but still as fresh as if they occurred last week.

You can look at the positive side of it -- you saved some money and there are always lots of Utah Lake cats to catch.

BLK

Thanks for your sentiments, but next year I will be back to not going because I figure I can't afford it.
(07-22-2020, 04:36 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 04:16 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Real bummer Kent! You need to add "... ain't gonna happen this year" to your post. This Corvid bug will hopefully go away and next year will provide a new opportunity to make your trip. I've made my last trip to Alaska due to advanced age and, as wife says, diminishing mental capacity.

BLK

Thanks for your sentiments, but next year I will be back to not going because I figure I can't afford it.

You could always say you couldn't afford to get the corona. Get em both in and keep your track record
(07-22-2020, 03:03 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: "This year is the first year I won't be going to Alaska for King Salmon and Halibut fishing, thanks to the Corona Virus pandemic."

I leave for Alaska in 3 days, I'll let you know how it goes Kent. I did have to get COVID testing today so that I don't have to quarantine when I get there.
(07-22-2020, 09:57 PM)Ktrout Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 03:03 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: "This year is the first year I won't be going to Alaska for King Salmon and Halibut fishing, thanks to the Corona Virus pandemic."

I leave for Alaska in 3 days, I'll let you know how it goes Kent. I did have to get COVID testing today so that I don't have to quarantine when I get there.
Thanks for the invite! Angry
I think on Sesame Street they taught me to "use your imagination". Maybe we can sit on the Weber and swat mosquitoes and "imagine" that we are on the Kenai River chasing Kings and then we can cruise over to Antelope Island and "imagine" we are on Admiralty Island getting ready for a Halibut run.

See its still possible Smile
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew