Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maniac is Closing!
Got this Email from James, thought some of you might be interested.

We had a buyer for the Company, but with the combination of the high taxes from the Government and low purchase offers, we have decided that we cannot sell the Company. There is just not enough to gain from selling at this time. The last sixteen plus years have been busy for us as we tried to juggle full time jobs, running a lure Company, and raising four wonderful daughters.
[The older you get, the more you realize that time is running out for you to spend time with children, grandchildren, fishing, hunting, and all the things that you enjoy doing in this life. I personally missed out on a lot of these things in the past 16 years, and this is time that I will never get back. It is time to focus on our family, and the things we enjoy.
We wish to thank every one of our customers for taking us places we never anticipated going, and the opportunity of meeting people who have touched our lives in such profound ways.
We will be closing at the end of this month - that's only 4 more days. Take this opportunity to stock up while the website is still open.
We plan to keep this facebook page live so you can post your stories and successes - we want you to stay in touch!
[Thank you for the past 16 years

Share Via:
[Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wixstatic....TOewRg--~D]

Got my order in. Got enough to give me time to try some other stuff from other companies to complete my transition. Sad they are closing.
(07-28-2020, 01:24 PM)muirco Wrote: Got my order in.  Got enough to give me time to try some other stuff from other companies to complete my transition. Sad they are closing.

I was hoping this new offer they had to buy the company was going to happen but I guess not. I don't blame James, running a business takes a huge amount of time, it's just too bad no one could make a serious offer to buy him out.
I'm really surprised with as good of product as James has, that he couldn't make a full time living off his tackle business... I guess it takes a ton of tackle sales at $5 to pay a mortgage and health insurance... Will sure miss them come ice season, will be rationing for sure, don't want to run out of those... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Every time I read a message that Maniac is closing it costs me at least another $50!
That’s too bad to hear. Is he still offering a Bft discount? I no longer see it in the For Sale thread from the first closing scare
(07-29-2020, 07:12 PM)EyLayo Wrote: That’s too bad to hear. Is he still offering a Bft discount? I no longer see it in the For Sale thread from the first closing scare
Anything on the For Sale board with no replies are deleted after one month but you can ask him if you click on the link above where it says, Check out my web site, his phone number is toward the bottom.
(07-29-2020, 07:12 PM)EyLayo Wrote: That’s too bad to hear. Is he still offering a Bft discount? I no longer see it in the For Sale thread from the first closing scare

If he is, I sure messed up.
You can copy the now discontinued baits by making a mold with alumilite vacmaster 50.

$0.02
wiperhunter2 Wrote:i am sorry to hear that, I like use maniac lure they are amazing, I still I have jointed two wiper fishing tournament long time ago at Willard bay. I am the Asian guy with smallest boat still caught three wiper  haha. now I have a real boat   haha, I will miss this local company.