Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye cdbrc1
Some of you may have known him, but cdbrc1, better know of Clint buttars, my grandpa, passed away early Saturday morning due to complications with cancer. 
He will be missed and I know I will miss seeing his reports on here.
I met Clint several times while fishing at Lincoln Beach. He was a very friendly guy and I always enjoyed talking to him. He would sometimes call me at my home just to get an update on the fishing or the weather. It seems like every time I saw him on the water he had younger members of his family fishing with him. He was a real gentleman and he will be missed by all those who had the pleasure of getting to know him.

My sincere condolences to all of his family.

BLK
Man my heart goes out to you. Grandpa's are the best thing ever and its tough to lose them. Be blessed
Sorry to hear that......  Will miss him and his reports.
I've read his reports and feel like I got to know a really nice person from them, sorry to hear about your loss and sincere condolences.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I had no idea he had cancer working on him. I noticed he signed up for the cat contest this year, but I hadn't seen any of his usual big fish posts. I guess it makes more sense now. So sorry for your loss. I really appreciate you letting us know. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(07-28-2020, 02:02 PM)Buttars Wrote: Some of you may have known him, but cdbrc1, better know of Clint buttars, my grandpa, passed away early Saturday morning due to complications with cancer. 
He will be missed and I know I will miss seeing his reports on here.
Sorry to hear of his loss, Clint also went by the username cdbrc and added the 1 after his username when the new site launched. I remember him telling me he had been sick but did not realize it was this bad, he will be missed.
So sorry to hear that. I had Clint on my list of guys to fish with, and I had tried to get out with him on a couple occasions, but we were never able to make it happen.
Sorry to hear this he will be missed. Prayers are with his family during this time. Appreciate you letting our BFT community know about this.
Sincere condolences from the wife and I. Met Clint twice over the last couple years while launching out of Lincoln Beach.  Very friendly gentleman, I know he will be missed.  So sorry for your loss.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Oh man, I am so sorry. I just got to know him a bit and was looking forward to continuing a friendly relationship. He will be sorely missed.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Your Grandpa was one of my hero’s and a big part of my life. When I was younger he was my bishop and I used to love listening to his fishing stories. I still remember some of them vividly. When I was a little older he was my seminary teacher. I think he knew how much I loved fishing and started inviting me along on some of his fishing trips. He taught me how to ice fish. The last few years I’ve seemed to run into him ice fishing up at Scofield and it was always so fun to catch up with him where he taught me how to ice fish. You may have even been with him a few of those times. He took me fishing up to Scofield an bunch as well as Cleavland, PaliSades, Sevier River, and others. So many good memories! So sorry for your loss! He’ll be sorely missed!