Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water temp at strawberry on the 27
Here are some temp. from my Fish Hawk X4D System that I save to my cell phone. If I wanted to log the fish I catch and what I caught it on I could.     on notes I type in the top water temp  it logs the rest 
what I look at is temp at probe depth. I look for 52 to 55 deg.
where you see probe depth my downrigger ball will be 8" under that.  that downrigger I run at 40' down most of the time, yesterday
I see more kokanee above 40' and go down to it same as if you had the ball at 45 feet the kokanee will go down and look. when they are not biting it is like a race to get away.   It drives me nuts when I see so many fish go to the lure and they do not bit. 
another thing I caught a lot of fish at 1.3 mph yesterday early  

Species:
Time: 6:51 AM Jul 27, 2020
Presentation Method:
Lure:
Color:
Probe Depth: 43.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 1.4 MPH
Probe Temp: 53.7 °F
Notes: s68.0 sur

Species:
Time: 8:12 AM Jul 27, 2020
Presentation Method:
Lure:
Color:
Probe Depth: 39.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 1.2 MPH
Probe Temp: 54.9 °F
Notes: 68

Species:
Time: 10:31 AM Jul 27, 2020
Presentation Method:
Lure:
Color:
Probe Depth: 40.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 2.2 MPH
Probe Temp: 53.4 °F
Notes: 68.9 sure. gps 1.6 mph
As always, appreciate the report.  I went up last night about 6 PM and stayed till dark.  No Kokes for me, just cutts and a bow.... but still a good time.

Soldier Creek side...
How are the crowds? Are there still a lot of people/boats on the water. Now that my health issues have subsided I've been wanting to get up there but everythig I've read talks about it being a zoo. I love fishing Strawberry but don't want to fight the crowds.
Interesting that on that last one your probe speed was 2.2 mph but gps read 1.6. Is that due to some kind of current at that depth?