Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to get ready for ice fishing
Wax your sleds, while it is hot outside. Much easier to apply wax to a sled when it is 90 degrees + outside than when it is cold.
Makes sense to me.
I already responded on Facebook and no I don't plan on waxing my hip hoots too
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-05-2020, 02:49 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I already responded on Facebook and no I don't plan on waxing my hip hoots too

Oh come on, why not?
What are hip hoots? Lol

Should I get some?
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I'm ready for the ice! I just bought Thermos bottles for hot stew and chili while ice fishing.

We do need to be prepared:

... Two weeks later, worried about the mountains of wood and the hard work the tribe was putting in collecting it, the chief called the National Weather Service just to be absolutely sure."Are you definitely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?”

“Absolutely”, the weatherman said, “It's looking more and more like it's going to be one of the coldest winters on record.”

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1095909

Ronald Smile
(08-05-2020, 04:57 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: What are hip hoots? Lol

Should I get some?

You must get some. Can't belive you don't have them already. They are all the rage now with the younger generation. Hip hoots with built in blue tooth that will connect you to the internet, trade stocks on Amertrade,  search for the nearest diner, drive in or dive, scan  satellites for solar flares and recommend an appropriate sun blocker, post on face book your current emotion notion, and 14 other life changing and essential electronic functions- oh and they are water proof - hip hoots - got have em

And next time I will check my spelling closer.

Cheers
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
You guys are wishing your life away. Last I looked today it was 98*. True the Kokanee fishing is slowing down - fish are deep - 45 to 49', but I can't declare summer over yet. There is still Jordanelle that probably won't freeze before December 1st. Still could get some December kokes - did last year.
My snowmobile doesn't give a tinkers damn if my sleds are waxed or not.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(08-05-2020, 10:04 PM)dubob Wrote: My snowmobile doesn't give a tinkers damn if my sleds are waxed or not.   Big Grin

Neither does mine, but not everyone is blessed to have a snowmobile.
So does anyone know if Fish Lake is frozen yet?? Or better yet, how do you pronounce Yosemite?
(08-06-2020, 12:42 AM)brookie Wrote: So does anyone know if Fish Lake is frozen yet?? Or better yet, how do you pronounce Yosemite?

I don't think so, and apparently, it is Yosemight. Wink
(08-06-2020, 12:42 AM)brookie Wrote: So does anyone know if Fish Lake is frozen yet?? Or better yet, how do you pronounce Yosemite?

That is funny but if you are a face book stalker you know full well the we are still two week away from the posts asking about fish lake ice. It's currently, still,  who stold my trail camera season on FB
(08-06-2020, 03:00 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

That is funny but if you are a face book stalker you know full well the we are still two week away from the posts asking about fish lake ice. It's currently, still,  who stold my trail camera season on FB

Or what fish is this? -- and it is a run-of-the-mill rainbow.
(08-07-2020, 02:03 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:

Ya, I love the fish identification posts. . 
(08-07-2020, 02:03 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:

So maybe they didn't understand my answer when I posted it looked like a Fish Lake- Desmet strain of Oncorhynchos mykiss. And I always thought Yo! Semite was a Jewish National Park. Oh well better than when the Border wall was proposed for the Colorado- New Mexico Border.