Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty City - 4 Aug
Finally had a day without any doc appointments. Hit willard's south marina about six and was drifting a Santee rig tied with marinated chicken thigh by 6:15. Sun cracked the top of willard peak about 7:30.  Fishing was great early. I'd guess six or seven nice catfish with one double episode[Image: IMG-20200804-073652099.jpg][Image: IMG-20200804-071157609-PORTRAIT.jpg]. Sun came up and the fish moved elsewhere. Averaged a fish an hour until I left about 10:30.
(08-04-2020, 11:16 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Finally had a day without any doc appointments. Hit willard's south marina about six and was drifting a Santee rig tied with marinated chicken thigh by 6:15. Sun cracked the top of willard peak about 7:30.  Fishing was great early. I'd guess six or seven nice catfish with one double episode[Image: IMG-20200804-073652099.jpg][Image: IMG-20200804-071157609-PORTRAIT.jpg]. Sun came up and the fish moved elsewhere. Averaged a fish an hour until I left about 10:30.
Great report, Those kitties sure are doing well in there this year. Fishing is better than a doc appt. any day.

Thanks for sharing.

fnf Cool
Did you ever switch from the Santee rig or did you stay with it the whole time?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Cowboy,  yes I used the same rig. The float was a fluorescent yellow and I'd painted red dots and then sealed it with a good coat of clear with lots of small glitter. If I remember right, TD calls it his clown pattern. It's seemed to have worked well most of the summer.
The chartreuse with three hot red spots has been a kitty killer for a long time.  I make them in several size fligs as well as the bait floats...for the Santee rig.  I also make them either with a hole down the middle...for stringing on the line and stopping with a toothpick...or with wire loops on the end for attaching directly to the line.

I call it several things...chartreuse 3-spot, clown or pistachio.  It is the top one in the attached pic.  It works well both with chartreuse yellow and chartreuse green.
[Image: WIRED-BAIT-FLOATS.jpg]