Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water /Fuel separator Filter size
I have replaced the fuel hose on my Kicker motor and it seems to run alright, but I am wondering if I should use the deeper type of filter right now it has the short filter . When I was squeezing the primer bulb I can hear and feel the fuel coming from the filter and the bulb didn't get that firm feel after it was full. Has anyone run into this situation before , or is it even important?I just want the motor to run as smooth as possible. Huh Huh
Not sure if a different sized filter would make a difference Dan, when I added a 4 stroke kicker to my boat, it did something similar but it's always started OK. As long as yours starts and runs ok there would be no reason the put on another filter, unless you want to just to see if it makes a difference, IMO.
(08-05-2020, 04:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Not sure if a different sized filter would make a difference Dan, when I added a 4 stroke kicker to my boat, it did something similar but it's always started OK. As long as yours starts and runs ok there would be no reason the put on another filter, unless you want to just to see if it makes a difference, IMO.

The runs alright , not really any issue with that , I remembered this morning that the main motor has been running with the short filter all along. So i guess I'll just leave it alone. What I think might have happened is when I changed the filter is that i didn't fill the filter with fuel prior to replacing , so I may have been pulling some air with the fuel when I was pumping the primer bulb.
Mine doesn’t get hard either unless I turn the bulb so the motor side is straight up and the ball valve can really seat well, don’t think changing the filter size will change anything either as Curt said
Thanks Allan , I think I'm just going to have to get used to the smaller size fuel hose. Like I said before I may have been pulling some air from the filter because I didn't fill the filter first. (My Bad ) .