Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC - 8/8
Fished 6-9 AM

water temps around 72. Walleye have transitioned off slower lindy presentations, but they did still produce a few.

Caught just about every perch there was and one bluegill. Didnt even know they were in there...

Called it quits early to know out some projects at home.
(08-09-2020, 09:02 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Fished 6-9 AM

water temps around 72. Walleye have transitioned off slower lindy presentations, but they did still produce a few.

Caught just about every perch there was and one bluegill. Didnt even know they were in there...

Called it quits early to know out some projects at home.
We spent several days and evenings fishing there this past week, walleye were small,  perch were dinks and slime rockets were fairly easy to catch if you chose to fish for them. Rods were put up for a bit and on to the archery elk hunt next weekend.
Trading rods for bows? Is that an arrow escape?
There were a ton of what looked to be fishing boats stacked up at the inlet - maybe that's what that was all about.

I agree. I'm starting to shift toward scouting, but also need to try and pick up some kokanee eggs for the burbot season.

The conflict is killing me
(08-10-2020, 01:50 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: There were a ton of what looked to be fishing boats stacked up at the inlet - maybe that's what that was all about.

I agree. I'm starting to shift toward scouting, but also need to try and pick up some kokanee eggs for the burbot season.

The conflict is killing me
I talked to one of the guys later and he said they were mostly catching trout in the channel, we were fishing out farther where we caught the walleye and perch earlier in the summer.
Yeah I have not had the best luck that far back either. (Raknbkws withstanding) Sounds like you and I are reporting the same details.

Not sure if I'm going to put more time into DC or use my free time to scout.

Best of luck with the archery tag