Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
Jordanelle and me do not like  each other
started fishing to day a 6 am stopped at 9:30 am
only got 2   14" kokes and 10 rainbows   all at 35 feet
did not see a lot of fish on the fishfinder saw some  at 10 to 15 feet did not put a down rigger up for them saw some at 50' they did not bite
fished the south side by dam . using dodgers squids and spinners

water temp
Time: 7:11 AM Aug 10, 2020

Probe Depth: 50.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 1.6 MPH
Probe Temp: 54.1 °F        at 50 feet
Notes: 69.9 top  water temp

Time: 8:18 AM Aug 10, 2020

Probe Depth: 40.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 1.4 MPH
Probe Temp: 58.9 °F   at 40 feet
Notes: 69 top  water temp

getting ready to go to FG leaving my house at 2 am
(08-10-2020, 07:02 PM)liketrolling Wrote: Jordanelle and me do not like  each other
started fishing to day a 6 am stopped at 9:30 am
only got 2   14" kokes and 10 rainbows   all at 35 feet
did not see a lot of fish on the fishfinder saw some  at 10 to 15 feet did not put a down rigger up for them saw some at 50' they did not bite
fished the south side by dam . using dodgers squids and spinners

water temp
Time: 7:11 AM Aug 10, 2020

Probe Depth: 50.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 1.6 MPH
Probe Temp: 54.1 °F        at 50 feet
Notes: 69.9 top  water temp

Time: 8:18 AM Aug 10, 2020

Probe Depth: 40.0 FEET
Probe Speed: 1.4 MPH
Probe Temp: 58.9 °F   at 40 feet
Notes: 69 top  water temp

getting ready to go to FG leaving my house at 2 am
Pretty much the same story for me last week. Rainbows love the Koke gear from the damn up towards the wakeless zone on Rockcliff side. But I could not find the koke.
I to trolled jordanelle. 10 to 12 inch rainbows were very willing. We worked from the dam to the wakeless area in provo arm.
We only saw fish in good numbers around the bouys. From 20 feet down to 50. Not sure what they were, no takers, thought I might snag some, but all were sleeping.
Went looking for wipers but couldn't stand the recreational boaters, got no class...
[Image: 20200810-093250.jpg]
That picture didn't work I'll try another easy. Picture is of my Garmin screen.
Garmin shows down rigger ball, and lots of ? Fish.

Did I see fishing fool at jordanelle this morning, boat of my dreams.
(08-10-2020, 07:26 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: [Image: 20200810-093250.jpg]
That picture didn't work I'll try another easy. Picture is of my Garmin screen.
Garmin shows down rigger ball, and lots of ? Fish.
Most of those marks on the left half or your screen look like air bubbles to my.  

When you see them stacked up like that and the don't make the complete arch start watching the surface of the water to see if there are bubbles coming up.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
It's been 2yrs since I last fished Jordanelle. That was my last trip there period, no more. I'm not fond of that lake at all. I'll just continue to read the inspiring negative results that will keep me away.  Blush
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Wondered where you were fishing. Did not see you on Strawberry yesterday or today. Strawberry is still slow - got 3 yesterday with my two neighbors, one of which turns 91 in a few days - oxygen concentrator and all. Of course we also brought in around 20 cutts to keep us from getting bored. Went out again this morning solo and got 3 more. They are still there but you have to work to get them to bite. Your suggestion of fluorescent dodgers and squid seems to work best. It is a little extra work to charge with the black light each time up, but I am convinced it makes a difference.
(08-12-2020, 12:52 AM)brookie Wrote: Wondered where you were fishing. Did not see you on Strawberry yesterday or today. Strawberry is still slow - got 3 yesterday with my two neighbors, one of which turns 91 in a few days - oxygen concentrator and all. Of course we also brought in around 20 cutts to keep us from getting bored. Went out again this morning solo and got 3 more. They are still there but you have to work to get them to bite. Your suggestion of fluorescent dodgers and squid seems to work best. It is a little extra work to charge with the black light each time up, but I am convinced it makes a difference.
I use a glo box for my glo lures and glo dodgers before the sun comes up nice and strong...after the sun is up nice and bright, just hold your lures/dodgers up facing the sun for about 10 to 15 seconds, and they'll suck up way more glo than any glo box, glo lite, or charger..