Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red for kokanee
On Obifishkenobi’s Ririe thread MMDon mentioned using red as a color for fishing deep for kokes. I thought the concept intriguing and decided to give it a try. The Logan Sportsman’s is looking barren in the tackle department so I tied up some red hootchies using a red paddle tail bug about an inch and a half long.
Trolled it behind a watermelon dodger and limited out in no time. All kokes caught on red were males, don’t know if they were more aggressive toward the red color or not. 
Thanks MMDon, red works!
(08-11-2020, 01:58 AM)Trident 13 Wrote: On Obifishkenobi’s Ririe thread MMDon mentioned using red as a color for fishing deep for kokes. I thought the concept intriguing and decided to give it a try. The Logan Sportsman’s is looking barren in the tackle department so I tied up some red hootchies using a red paddle tail bug about an inch and a half long.
Trolled it behind a watermelon dodger and limited out in no time. All kokes caught on red were males, don’t know if they were more aggressive toward the red color or not. 
Thanks MMDon, red works!
Very cool. Few understand how fish see a full spectrum of colors in the gray scale where light penetration changes the way the eye interprets color. We know the color is still there even though our eyes don't readily process it.