Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
South East ID. Reservoirs with Kokanee
So after reading the newest reports over folks catching "Reds" at Ririe and a little talk about catching a few Kokees at PaliSades, I decided to look into how many other Southeast Idaho reservoirs had Kokanee in them. So far I have seen Montpelier Reservoir, of course Ririe, PaliSades, Island Park, Devils Creek, and new plants this year in Blackfoot reservoir.  I saw that in 2017 Kokanee were planted in Bannock Reservoir.  Where the crap is Bannock reservoir and has anyone ever fished it? Just under 1,000 were planted in it in 2017 so I guess for it's 6 acres in size, it must be an important place (Lat 42.92 Long-112.43). Am I missing any other Southeast Idaho reservoirs that have Kokanee in them and how has anyone done in them. 

It sounds like F&G is trying to spread the joy out to more and more locations besides many of our good ole standbys. It will be interesting to see how many of us have fished these places and success and accessibility.

Glad fishing has picked up on Ririe this year/fall and hope it continues into next year and hope that some of the other reservoirs will pick a bit in their Kokanee production.
Bannock is also called the Portneuf Wellness Pond in Pocatello.
(08-11-2020, 04:14 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Bannock is also called the Portneuf Wellness Pond in Pocatello.
Wow, thanks. Had no idea
Your welcome, I haven't fished it, but only thought there was trout in it.