Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow/Quail Lake trip
Hello, 

I'm heading over to try fishing out there Labor Day weekend, I'm sure it'll be a busy fishing weekend... Any tips on where to fish from shore for either lake? I'll be bringing both trout and Bass gear, but I've never been and don't know the area. It looks like there is only road access on the west side of quail lake, and roads go all the way around Sand Hollow. 

I was thinking about trying for bass in the NW part of Sand hollow by the rock jumping area and maybe along that northern damn? Map looks good on SE side, but it looks shallow from shore. I do have a pair of waders that I can die of heat stroke in if that would be helpful. Any tips on lures or colors? I fish Lake mead, so I got mostly white hard baits and various soft plastics.

For Quail Lake, was also thinking about trying near the inlet in the NW as well. Thoughts? 

I'll probably go out with a friend in the morning, but will bring my 6 yr old with me in the afternoons, so if there's any spots someone can suggest on either lake that would have high action of little fish, that would be awesome too. I'm trying to get her into fishing. It's hit or miss...

Thanks for any help.
You can't access the road on the east side of Sand Hollow. It's blocked off. You can usually catch some Bass along the west dam throwing plactics parallel to the dam. Fish early to beat the skiing crowd.