Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp minnows?
Any one catching some carp minnows? I'm looking for some new places to fill up some minnow traps with bait? Any suggestions?
I know there was a post on BFT sometime in the last two weeks about carp minnows up in the bird refuge. That is always a good bet
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I've tried the bird refuge a few times and have had fair results. I threw out 9 traps and caught 2 carp minnows,and tons and tons of shad and baby cat fish. I threw the 9 out at ogden bay today and caught a few. It seems the last 2 years the carp minnows dont seem to be in the numbers or just are avoiding going into my traps. The store bought carp minnows just aren't the same. I'll catch 10 to 1 with fresh minnows over the store boughton soggy minnows. I threw the casting net tonight also and caught a couple every other cast. Maybe that's my best bet.
Tried the dike out of Willard today... caught 5
(08-15-2020, 03:41 AM)Muskybee Wrote: Tried the dike out of Willard today... caught 5

Did you try the outlet chanal? Was going to take a peek there soon
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew