Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my fishing week 2 fun days at Flaming Gorge
Monday the wife and I got out of bed at 3 am went to Jordanelle
Tue. a guy met me at my house we left at 2:15 AM went to Flaming Gorge
started fishing at 6 am got are 6 kokes. went to Lucerne got are 5th wheel trailer out of storage set up trailer in campground messed around took a nap
at 3 Pm Put the boat in the water to go after Lakers he parked the boat trailer came down we headed out, boat would not go on plane turned around went back to the dock he 74 years old he  ran to the truck put the trailer in the water I drove the boat on the trailer pulled the boat out of the water let  all the water out, put the plug in. put the boat back in the water and went fishing for big Lakers
put my live camera  down to look at Lakers I thought I turned record on but when I got home no recording.
wed. got up at 4:30 am went after Kokanee Put the plug in the boat this time   got are 6, . Put the 5th wheel trailer back in storage and came home
Friday a guy is meeting me at my house at 4 am going to Strawberry then next week start all over it will be winter soon.

Here is a video of my Garmin live scope fishing for Kokanee Wed.   was using a lot of glow on my lures got a lot of kokes at 70 feet down
we missed a lot but, the good thing is we got to fish till 9am    they hit so hard they pulled the line out of the release clip we were to slow in getting the slack out of the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD7i7oGw...e=youtu.be

I put this to gather fast but I watch kokanee go to the down rigger cable, go down to the ball then to the lure.
my set backs are short
Enjoyed the video, I'm going thru a serious brain drain of mental state of not knowing where my next adventure will be. I will ponder this thru today and maybe this weekend. Your Gorge trips are making it difficult for me to choose since I thought I was done with my last Gorge trip this year last week but this antsy feeling is telling different. What day are you heading back up Robert? My thoughts are persuasive. Might accidentally bump into you. 
I have been down the drain plug route a couple of times also and when leaving house I forgot to pivot trailer Tongue jack grinding it down seeing sparks 2mi away from home.  Sad  
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Robert it is good to read that you are getting those youngsters out there fishing with you. Maybe you will get them hooked on fishing. If you had it to do all over again would you purchase Livescope?
(08-13-2020, 08:58 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Robert it is good to read that you are getting those youngsters out there fishing with you.  Maybe you will get them hooked on fishing.  If you had it to do all over again would you purchase Livescope?
I love the Livescope I think I would sell my wife to buy one just kidding
I have a lot to still learn about it. had to buy another transducer to get it to work good for me to troll
now I need to learn how to use it for jigging 
for sturgeon I have only been up one time  with it   It did not work like I thought it would   so I need to play with the settings.
and I have learned alot about it since then.
I really enjoy your reports. Lots of good info. I am curious. Do you know about how many boating days you get in a season.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
This is my 4th season as a boat owner and it is good to hear that even veterans such as liketrolling can have bonehead moments and leave the plug out.  I have done it twice in 4 years and hopefully now have a healthy paranoia about the pre-launch routine.  Sounds like quite a week of fishing.
I've done the boat plug once. Luckily I was still at the boat ramp and ran like hell to get the boat back on the trailer. It took quite a while for the water to drain. Hopefully never again. Hard lesson learned.