Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching my dream fish
Richard and I went fishing at Flaming Gorge on Wendsday the 12th.  We got on the water at 6:15 AM and went to the North to find some fish. 

At about 7:15 I caught one.  It weighed 14.7 Lbs. and I was very excited.  About 9:AM Richard caught one that was a pretty good size, and we released them both.

There were lots of fish on the finder but they all had lock jaw.

We moved to the Lucerne bay to find more fish, and about 9:20 I hollered FISH ON!! 

It started to strip my line out and didn't stop.  This happened about 5 times, and I wasn't making much headway trying to get it landed. After about 10 minutes it finally started to get tired, and so was I, it started to come in.  I about died when I saw how big it was.  This is one fishing trip I will never forget. What a thrill. Thanks to Richard.

Lake Trout 38 inches long and weighed 27.5 lbs.

[Image: Lake-Trout-38-inches-27-5-lbs-Aug-12-2020.jpg]  [Image: sdr.jpg] This one only weighed 14.7 lbs.
Congratulations on a fine outing!
Way to go Violet! That's a trip to remember for sure!
Violet that is awesome. I can't believe you caught such a hawg!!! I'm totally jealous and excited for you
What a great trip. Congrats
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
That's a hawg haven brute, congrats Smile
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF