Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Kinda Day -- Friday
Took a new Koke fisherman to Strawberry this a.m., lines in water 0645....wasn't sure where to start, as the past few weeks haven't given me any pattern....so we started where I'd gotten 2 this past Monday, near the mouth of the Old Dam....zilch, except a couple little cutts, and 1 baby koke, that I hope will visit me again in 2 years....we headed North, and slowly got 2 pink stage 17/18"ers....then I headed back South again, thinking there should be something again by that opening to the Old Dam....nadda....shudda stayed North, and that's where most of the fleet was....we slowly got back, catching 5 or 6 very large cutts between 40 to 45' down, and about 1030 we hit a small willing group of kokes, each of us again getting a larger 17/18"er....so we were both happy with 2 larger pink stage kokes, some very nice, released, cutts, and a pleasant boat ride on the Berry....  good to (almost) run into LikeTrolling out there....
Thanks for the report Joe, good to hear you are still hanging in there, even if the catching has been slow this year. Have you given up on fishing Jordanelle for kokes?
(08-15-2020, 05:07 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report Joe, good to hear you are still hanging in there, even if the catching has been slow this year. Have you given up on fishing Jordanelle for kokes?
Hey Curtis -- I guess I blew it on my desire to learn Jordanelle a little better this year....I'd wanted to try it earlier in the koke season, but then with 'the Chinese flu', my boat trailer issue all of June, and a few other issues, I just didn't get to do it all....didn't even fish the Uinta's this year..dang!..couple times driving up there it felt like we were in a parade heading up out of Kamas...Hopeful for next year..