Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 08-14-2020
On the water by about 5:30 a.m. after a brief hello to Robert (liketrolling). For the first couple hours we could not keep the cutts off our lines. We finally started finessing some kokanee into the boat, and by 11:00 a.m. we wrapped up as the chop started coming in. They are changing color quickly. They've been filleted and most are prepping for the smoker. Good, solid day for the three of us on my boat.

Red and pink dodgers and darker pink squids.

I hate to see the Kokanee season winding down--it's been a great coping mechanism for the COVID chaos of 2020.
(08-15-2020, 01:59 AM)fishnotphish Wrote: On the water by about 5:30 a.m. after a brief hello to Robert (liketrolling). For the first couple hours we could not keep the cutts off our lines. We finally started finessing some kokanee into the boat, and by 11:00 a.m. we wrapped up as the chop started coming in. They are changing color quickly. They've been filleted and most are prepping for the smoker. Good, solid day for the three of us on my boat.

Red and pink dodgers and darker pink squids.

I hate to see the Kokanee season winding down--it's been a great coping mechanism for the COVID chaos of 2020.
Amen to that my friend....and for me it's just far enough away that it takes an effort, and I never take it for granted....it's been a litttle tougher on the catching part for a lot of us this season here at Strawberry; increased pressure on the fish population, or whatever, but it's always a quality place to go for a high quality fish....Guluk...