Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview?
Heading to Pineview tomorrow for a few days. I'll be taking the pontoon. I'm sure the family will want to spend the bulk of the time playing, but I plan on getting some fishing in as well. Where and how can I fish from a boat and find some success despite all the crowds and powerboaters that lake sees? I'm sure I can get a bunch of pan fish if I can find them, they aren't too difficult. What else is there and what can I do to target them? I'm not overly experienced with anything other than trout. 
Thanks.
I am sure better fish heads on this site will offer better advice, but if I was going to PV I would do the following...

1- get out early for my fishing fix cause once the power boats get to doing the whoopy-doos and the heat turns to burn your brain plus 5 degrees, the fish dont want to play nearly so bad and ya might as well go take a siesta or join the power squad with some water fun yourself

2- I would target panfish and small mouth. Perch are abundant and should give you some loving with a number of different bottom rigs that present a bait a few inches off the floor. Smaller crappie might also say hi if you want to play with a jig set up under a slip bobber and ajust to depth - a bit of sonar will help you there. Either of these techs could also net you a gill or sunfish.

3- If you are good at maneuvering the pontoon you can search the edges along the shore for smallies with a ned rig or a drop shot and they will oblige. Might need to chase them deeper as the sun comes up. Or if you really want some morning fun try a top bait - like a whopper plopper - a surface slam at sunrise from a big smallie is hard to beat, but that bite seems to disapear fast as the sun rises.

4- You can also just drop a gob of worms on the bottom for bullheads

Good luck and post some fishy Smiles photos to show us how you did
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-19-2020, 12:01 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am sure better fish heads on this site will offer better advice, but if I was going to PV I would do the following...

1- get out early for my fishing fix cause once the power boats get to doing the whoopy-doos and the heat turns to burn your brain plus 5 degrees, the fish dont want to play nearly so bad and ya might as well go take a siesta or join the power squad with some water fun yourself

2- I would target panfish and small mouth. Perch are abundant and should give you some loving with a number of different bottom rigs that present a bait a few inches off the floor. Smaller crappie might also say hi if you want to play with a jig set up under a slip bobber and ajust to depth - a bit of sonar will help you there.  Either of these techs could also net you a gill or sunfish.

3- If you are good at maneuvering the pontoon you can search the edges along the shore for smallies with a ned rig or a drop shot and they will oblige. Might need to chase them deeper as the sun comes up. Or if you really want some morning fun try a top bait - like a whopper plopper - a surface slam at sunrise from a big smallie is hard to beat, but that bite seems to disapear fast as the sun rises.

4- You can also just drop a gob of worms on the bottom for bullheads

Good luck and post some fishy Smiles photos to show us how you did
Thanks.  Hopefully we can get into something.  We'll give it a try.  Are there crayfish in there?