Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake
Thanks to a kind gentleman (Lynn,aka, BLK) that was kind enough to give Violet and I his morning catch of WB we were able to have a pretty good day with the cats.

We arived at Lincoln close to 0630 to find BLk on the ramp fishing for WB. After  brief greetings he offered his catch. After all the paper work was completted we headed out the channel draging a jig with hopes of catching a couple of others. One came to play.

We cranked up the engine just out of the channel and headed for the other side. We began our usual slow drag and started picking up some of the younger cats the cookie cuters. We worked our way out of there zone shortly finding some of their bigger brothers. as the ambient temperture climbed we began our way back toward the ramp. Thats when she did it again.

Vi says I got a good one. The fight was on as well as a lot of teasing and laughter. we could tell by the way the fish was resisting the lead it was a good fish. All Smiles again along with a lot of ha-hoo. She had landed a 31" to give her a good bump to her score.

We ended our fun releasing 25. We had 4 doubles, 11 fish over 25''.

Fun day, now to vaccuum all the dead Midges from the boat.

Thanks Lynn for the bait, had it not been for your kindness I'm not sure we would have done as well. To my embarassment , I for
got to get our bait from the fridge. We didn't know that untill we pulled out the big rigs.

[Image: sdr.jpg]
Wow, Vi is on a roll. Go chase a musky next and see if her luck holds.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Oh man, (woman) way to go. Glad you had a great day and caught a real bumper. Fishing has been good the past week or so if you can get out early and back in before the heat becomes unbearable. 

I continued on from the ramp this morning around to Mulberry and got a good supply of wb for tomorrow. Did you leave any big cats? A 30+er would really help me. Tomorrow for sure. Cool

To be continued...

BLK
Very nice day! Did you catch them all on WB meat?
Great job. Don't see any that size aft Willard Bay.
(08-20-2020, 07:17 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Great job. Don't see any that size aft Willard Bay.
Used to be lots of BIG cats in Willard...up to almost 30 pounds.  That was BS...before shad...and wipers.

I got a 28 incher a couple of years ago and I have heard reliable reports of at least a couple over 30 inches in the last year or so.