Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine Report
Monday the 17th, arrival 7:30 Lake level is very low, and they are still dumping water. Took my little jon boat, instead of my bigger Lund.
even with the low water, i still think i could of launched the bigger boat. Fish were at 50 to 55, Green Squid billed(RMT) tipped with Berkley Maggot. Silver Flasher worked the best. Fish were in the Deeper water (towards the Dam 70 to 90 ft of water). I brought home 6, lost 3 times
that. some are starting to turn color see picture, they are not monsters but perfect frying pan size, and tastee. So whats its worth, there you go.
Luv Porcupine at the end of Summer. For reference The Container in the picture is 12 inches long. Apparently the attachment was to large to post, the fish were 10 to 12 inches, Oh and this is top secret info, keep it hush hush. Tongue 

[Image: 20200817-151018.jpg]
Use to cut class when going to Utah State and go up there. Good memories. Great report and some decent kokes for the Pine
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice report and decent sized kokes for the Pig. How long did you fish?
I went up there a while back looking for kokes, I caught 3 but none came close in size to your bigger ones. They were all 7-8", had to keep one of them due to a bad hook set. I agree they are very good table fare, may have to get up there again... but times running out.
(08-21-2020, 03:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice report and decent sized kokes for the Pig. How long did you fish?
Hi Curtis

I fished until about 12:30 fish were biting all day, i would of stayed
But boat control in that little jon boat makes it hard with that wind that kicks up from the west, like clockwork everyday at about 10 .
I fished Porcupone in the spring, as usual thay were all dinks, but they had a few months to grow, and it seems like in late August and early Sept. They have put some weight on, and grouped up in the deeper water. It does it make it more difficult to launch the bigger boats, but not impossible. I enjoy fishing it this time of year, less crowded, only 2 other boats on the water.
(08-21-2020, 11:58 PM)fishnutts Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 03:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice report and decent sized kokes for the Pig. How long did you fish?
Hi Curtis

I fished until about 12:30 fish were biting all day, i would of stayed
But boat control in that little jon boat makes it hard with that wind that kicks up from the west, like clockwork everyday at about 10 .
I fished Porcupone in the spring, as usual thay were all dinks, but they had a few months to grow, and it seems like in late August and early Sept. They have put some weight on, and grouped up in the deeper water. It does it make it more difficult to launch the bigger boats, but not impossible. I enjoy fishing it this time of year, less crowded, only 2 other boats on the water.
Thanks for the added info. I usually fish the Pig at least once or twice during the Summer but because they have been so small this year, I haven't bothered, it sounds like it might be worth it to give it a shot how, before the season closes. Since the lake is so low, it might be worth launching at the third launch, it's the best choice when it's really low.