Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels Reports?
Howdy group!

Has anyone been to Daniels recently? We're heading up there in two weeks. looking forward to getting back up there, its been a few years. Thanks!

Kyle
Went on 9-6. Like fishing a mud puddle. Can't remember ever seeing the water level so low there. Hoping for a wet fall and winter.
(09-09-2020, 06:16 PM)Panchodog Wrote: Went on 9-6. Like fishing a mud puddle. Can't remember ever seeing the water level so low there. Hoping for a wet fall and winter.

is there enough room at the launch to get a boat on the water?
(09-09-2020, 08:52 PM)kjox21 Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 06:16 PM)Panchodog Wrote: Went on 9-6. Like fishing a mud puddle. Can't remember ever seeing the water level so low there. Hoping for a wet fall and winter.

is there enough room at the launch to get a boat on the water?
Yes. Use the lower ramp.
Had a great few days fishing. We were in 24' of water and using our sinking lines to fish within the first 1-3 feet of the bottom using chironimids. Some really nice fish were taking most flies, best were blood worms and chromies with red ribs. Saw lots of big midges in the throat pumps.
Dam, sounds like some good fishing, what kind of fish were you catching.
(09-14-2020, 09:55 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Dam, sounds like some good fishing, what kind of fish were you catching.
All rainbows, I don't think there is anything else stocked in there. Nothing huge, but plenty of fish to go around.
Nice, makes for a fun time.
(09-14-2020, 05:05 PM)kjox21 Wrote: Had a great few days fishing. We were in 24' of water and using our sinking lines to fish within the first 1-3 feet of the bottom using chironimids. Some really nice fish were taking most flies, best were blood worms and chromies with red ribs. Saw lots of big midges in the throat pumps.

I fished Daniels yesterday from 8:00 until 2:30 and I have never seen so many people this time of year, especially on a weekday.  I think there is a hunt going on and some folks are camping there but it was crowded.  There were over a half dozen boats and I'll bet a couple of dozen floaters and most people were catching some fish. 

I used a fast sinking line (#8) and Size 8 & 10 leech patterns that I stripped up from near the bottom.  I caught all rainbows with most of them being this years stocked fish around 11" - 14".  I did pick up three that were decent and missed one other one.  The water temperature was 55-57 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 4' - 5' with some algae but not bad.

The water level is low but I have seen it lower.  There was still places where it was over 30' deep.
It wasn't fast fishing but enough to keep you awake in the tube.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great report and pics, thanks for sharing it with us. I believe this last weekend was the start of deer season in Idaho. I can't remember ever seeing that many people there either but I've never fished it this late in the season.
Nice, going to have to put it on my list of places to fish.