Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labor Day at Rockport
My wife chose the destination today, we have never been there and she wanted to check out the cabins and yurts. We got there around 8:30 this morning, a late start for me, but early for for my wife and daughter. We caught a bunch of perch between 6-10” and one chunky bow on 1/4oz. Jig heads tipped with night crawlers in 20-40’ of water I would drive around looking for piles of perch and then use the spot lock to park over them and vertical jig. We got inspected by the DWR on the water and they let me know I need a new fire extinguisher before next season as it was manufactured in 2009. And of course I couldn’t find this years registration they accepted last years. We battled the wind and the waves from the power squadron and watched the DWR go from boat to boat all morning doing inspections, all in all a good day I don’t know if we will go to Rockport again it reminds me a lot of Echo which is slightly closer to home and offers the same species.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sounds like an alright adventure for the holiday. Congrats on the catch.
Good way to spend the holiday...pre-wind storm!! Glad you got into some fish, and always nice to share with family....Hope to see you out on the water, or ice...
Nice trip - looks like you had fun. I think RP tends to yield a slightly larger perch than Echo, but I have no stats to back that up, just an opinion.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew