Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach in October - advice for stripers, trout off the float tube?
Hey all! Headed to Willow Beach AZ/NV in early Oct... unfortunately, only spending one night there but want to make the most of it targeting stripers and trout. I have a float tube (Outcast Super Fat Cat LCS) that I am hoping to add some oars to and that I'm seriously considering bringing along to get on the water there.  On short time there but hope to at least get into some striper action. Trout would be a nice bonus.

Any recommendations, tips, suggestions or advice as far as setups (Outside of my conventional/inshore gear for saltwater, I have some 300 and 400 sized baitcasting reels and up to 4000 sized spinning reels), tackle, lures, bait, etc?

Has anyone float tubed that area? I know it can be a popular spot for paddle sport, boating, and regular tubing/floats so figured float tubing might make a lot of sense - doesn't seem like there are rapids but there can be currents (hence why I'm hoping to mod the tube and add oars). I'm at least hoping to get some shore fishing in at a very minimum but was really curious about hitting the water there in the tube.

TIA!
Cool I have tubed Willow a lot. You can kick upriver to at least mm53 and mm54 then also south of the marina. Know your physical limitations and check the water flow.Troll a large rainbow trout looking lure that doesn’t sink too much. Try casting also in some of the coves with a jerkbait. Stripers from 4lbs to over 20lbs can be caught this way. Good luck.
(10-05-2020, 04:03 PM)BigE Wrote: Cool I have tubed Willow a lot. You can kick upriver to at least mm53 and mm54 then also south of the marina. Know your physical limitations and check the water flow.Troll a large rainbow trout looking lure that doesn’t sink too much. Try casting also in some of the coves with a jerkbait. Stripers from 4lbs to over 20lbs can be caught this way. Good luck.
Thanks for giving this new member some great advice, I was thinking everyone had left this board.