Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Report
Trying to target fall transition perch and bass at Echo and looking for them Crappie with the Deeper Chirp. 

Pugly Perch Bugs got perch and bass, but the crappie did not show up. Added a 4th species to the list of bites on a pugly perch bug: Utah Sucker and a big one. Not sure what he was doing but it was an interesting catch.

For the bass, we tied the perch bugs up to ride a bit higher - about a 1-1.5 ft above the bottom and slowly jerked, or dragged them in. For the perch the kept them about 6" above the bottom. In both cases the bugs were tipped with a worm or meal worm.

Water was mid 60s. We were fishing 21- 6 ft of water.

There are some nice bass being caught at Echo right now with some good action in a boat on the west wall areas where the access to deeper water and structure is better. We fished the shore north of the main marina just as you get into the rocky area.

I spent a lot of time with the deeper chirp mapping out structure as I want to swing by late and try for a night crappie bite (maybe a walleye too)

I started tying a larger version of the pugly perch bugs - Wookie Bugs, using the cream colored hair my German Shepard is loosing - Got some big perch with it at Rockport so am excited to try them for smallies, but that is another report

Here is the video. I am getting around better but they way I look at the start tells the story of my summer :0

https://youtu.be/b6L7IN53XcQ
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Look like another good time was had by all. No pictures of the sucker?
(09-28-2020, 02:18 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Look like another good time was had by all.  No pictures of the sucker?

Carey said this is how big he was...

[Image: 20201002-134040.jpg]

man cant a guy tell a fish story once in a while without his better half chiming in with such inconveniences as the truth
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
how was the launch ramp up there?? I have heard that it can be dicey launching !!
(10-09-2020, 02:49 PM)Therapist Wrote: how was the launch ramp up there??  I have heard that it can be dicey launching !!
I've heard the main concrete launch is out of the water. The old launch is good for small boats, a four wheel drive is good idea.
(10-09-2020, 03:51 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 02:49 PM)Therapist Wrote: how was the launch ramp up there??  I have heard that it can be dicey launching !!
I've heard the main concrete launch is out of the water. The old launch is good for small boats, a four wheel drive is good idea.

That is correct
(09-27-2020, 04:09 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Trying to target fall transition perch and bass at Echo and looking for them Crappie with the Deeper Chirp. 

Pugly Perch Bugs got perch and bass, but the crappie did not show up. 
I have only gotten into the crappie one-time fishing Echo. I think I found them by luck that day and I haven't seen them since that day two summers ago. They must not stay in place long. If you get lucky and find them, don't count on repeating. I still haven't found the eyes there, but supposedly they are in there. 
Gabe