Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great day at Utah Lake
Richard and I went out on Monday and fought the wind until it drove us off the water. We caught 11. One 27" and one 26", the rest were all eaters. We brought home 5 for our freezer. 

We decided to go out again Tuesday since there was no wind to speak of.  The water was calm and beautiful.

We headed N. out of LB toward the island. We stayed on course and caught fish all the way.  When we got almost to the island, turned around and headed back to port.

We continued to catch fish all the way. Richard caught 18, and I caught 15 for a total of 33 fish.  That's the most we have ever caught in a day.
We caught 6 bigger ones being, 29", 2- 27.5", 3- 26", the rest were all cookie cutters. We were really hoping for a bumper, but no go.

We brought home 10 to get our winters supply in the freezer, since we've been releasing everything all summer.

I've never seen fish fight so hard.  A puny little 23 incher fought like a whale, stripping line out, I'd swear it was a 33 incher. Many of the smaller fish were very feisty.

We're going to have to take some time to fish for minnows. That was the go to bait, and we used all we had.  We have cut WB chunks, but they weren't going for that.  We sure had a lot of fun.  The water temp was 61 in the AM and warmed to 64 by afternoon.
Wow you guys are on fire! That is a great day. The worst part is having to filet all those fish and get rid of the carcasses, that is what I hate. But a few more troops like that and you freezer should be stuffed eh!!!
Well done R and V! Good fishun today, too. Lots of mid-20 inch fish that are feisty and ready to do battle. I did well using wb minis and chunks. Great time of the year; calm water, not too hot and not too cold, no wind, and no bugs. Oct. should give us some good cats. 

Hope to see you on the water again soon.

Lynn
(09-30-2020, 09:17 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Wow you guys are on fire! That is a great day. The worst part is having to filet all those fish and get rid of the carcasses, that is what I hate. But a few more troops like that and you freezer should be stuffed eh!!!
 I don't have to worry about the filleting , I just have to put them in freezer bags! Someone else does all the dirty work. 
(09-30-2020, 06:27 PM)MrsJ Wrote: Richard and I went out on Monday and fought the wind until it drove us off the water. We caught 11. One 27" and one 26", the rest were all eaters. We brought home 5 for our freezer. 

We decided to go out again Tuesday since there was no wind to speak of.  The water was calm and beautiful.

We headed N. out of LB toward the island. We stayed on course and caught fish all the way.  When we got almost to the island, turned around and headed back to port.

We continued to catch fish all the way. Richard caught 18, and I caught 15 for a total of 33 fish.  That's the most we have ever caught in a day.
We caught 6 bigger ones being, 29", 2- 27.5", 3- 26", the rest were all cookie cutters. We were really hoping for a bumper, but no go.

We brought home 10 to get our winters supply in the freezer, since we've been releasing everything all summer.

I've never seen fish fight so hard.  A puny little 23 incher fought like a whale, stripping line out, I'd swear it was a 33 incher. Many of the smaller fish were very feisty.

We're going to have to take some time to fish for minnows. That was the go to bait, and we used all we had.  We have cut WB chunks, but they weren't going for that.  We sure had a lot of fun.  The water temp was 61 in the AM and warmed to 64 by afternoon.
Great job! Be sure to leave some room in that freezer for your garden's fall harvest to go along with all those fish! Wink
Wow, you guys had a great trip. I somehow missed your report until now. Thanks for sharing!