Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big but not big enough
Went out this morning to try for some young wb for bait but couldn't find any. Wanted some for a big trip with TD tomorrow. Frozen will have to do.

I took my boat and headed east toward Sandy Beach. Fishing was good in 6-7 fow for mid-20s cats. Finally hooked into one that let me know immediately that it was a bigger fish. Tough fight but finally hauled him in. One of the heaviest cats I have caught at 18+ pounds. I put my hydrolic fish-stretcher on him but could only get 31 inches so no help on my contest score. Again, the best part of the catch was the release.

[Image: DSC01222.jpg][Image: DSC01221.jpg]

Big day tomorrow as I plan to hit the Knolls with TD. There should be a biggun over there just waiting to be caught.

To be continued....

BLK
Are you lifting weights or are you fishing? That hawg I'm going with the former. Nice catch!!!!
WOW !   Lynn that is another hog.  I am beginning to suspect you southerners are keeping those huge Cats in a underwater pen somewhere and feeding them canned dog food (like they do in the Catfish Farms in Georgia and Florida)  then netting one out whenever you guys need a good bumper size. 

Big Grin   Big Grin   

Of course I'm just kidding..............I know that Lynn is way too honest to do something like that............... 

now I'm not too sure about that old English Teacher there.........he's kinda sketchy        Dodgy     Big Grin  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forrest I'm going to find this pen their growing them in so I can post some decent fish. I just need to get at least one decent fish with all the ones they are catching... But they are putting in a lot of time on the water. I'm not. I'm putting a lot of time in the class room with my kids so I guess it's only fair.
Very nice Lynn. Wishing you and Pat (TD) luck on next trip.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Wow again! Your are my inspiration. I thought Julie's 31 was a toad at 14 lbs. Keep up the great work!
Jim-- That fish was probably the best one I have ever caught a UL. He was only 31 inches long but absolutely solid from head to near the tail with no big pot-gut. He felt like holding a big 8 inch diameter slippery log. I weighed him on two different scales, one read 18 and 6, the other 18 and 8. The 34 incher I caught was a good one but I would have to say this one was more fun to catch and heft -- just a real pig. The last time i saw him he was headed out of the launch channel. He's still out there, his sore mouth has probably healed, and he is probably ready to eat again. Good luck!

Lynn